or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Should I get a screen protector?

Should I get a screen protector?

post #1 of 2
I always buy screen protectors for all of my products. I usually use the Clear Touch brand. I have it for my iPod, current PocketPC, Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, etc.
My question: I know in the beginning it was said the iPhone would not be a problem with scratches and smudges. Then recently it was announced that it has the new scratch free glass screen. Is it really true? I went to the Apple Store last night to buy a 8GB iPhone and the guy said how the screen protectors are very popular. He said they sold out within 5 minutes, before anything. Should I really get one and if so which brand?
post #2 of 2
PC World literally couldn't scratch the screen no matter how hard they tried (and they tried pretty hard).

Given that Apple has also said that a screen protector might interfere with the touch-screen's sensitivity, I myself wouldn't bother.

That doesn't mean that Apple and AT&T (especially AT&T) stores aren't going to have them prominently displayed and try to sell you one. They make a lot of money off accessories.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Should I get a screen protector?