or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Do I need to charge battery first before use?

Do I need to charge battery first before use?

post #1 of 3
I just got back from a Apple Store with a 4GB iPhone. I haven't opened it yet but I've always heard for maximum battery life always fully charge a item first, sometimes overnight or for 12 hours. Is that true on the iPhone and newer products?
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr10 View Post

I just got back from a Apple Store with a 4GB iPhone. I haven't opened it yet but I've always heard for maximum battery life always fully charge a item first, sometimes overnight or for 12 hours. Is that true on the iPhone and newer products?

The battery on my phone seemed about 75% charged when I got it. I kept it in the cradle until stopped charging. Your best bet is to read the manual.
post #3 of 3
Run the battery tell down tell it dies, then charge it over night. Out of the box these types of products have some battery life already. If you charge it immediatley you will loose a few hours of battery life
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Do I need to charge battery first before use?