or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Best way to copy music to iPhone

Best way to copy music to iPhone

post #1 of 4
I've used my 30GB iPod for quite awhile and don't have memory issues. My entire iTunes collection is around 18GB so I simply sync it. With the iPhone I just want to put my favorite music and no video at this time.

How is the best way to do this? I tried to simply drag songs over but it didnt work. I don't seem able to choose by genre, artist, etc. Is the only way to do this to create a playlist in iTunes such as 'iPhone music' and then choose to sync that playlist? If I do that will it then play okay if I search my genre, artist, etc, on my iPhone?
post #2 of 4
Yes ... you can sync more than one playlist as well... and you will have all the familiar search options available.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #3 of 4
post #4 of 4
Unfortunately building a playlist and syncing seems to be the only current solution. If you want to delete a song, you'll need to delete it from your playlist, then sync the playlist with your iPhone. Total PITA if you ask me.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Best way to copy music to iPhone