or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bush Commutes Libby's Sentence

Bush Commutes Libby's Sentence - Page 4

post #121 of 126
I don't believe in 99% of all the grand conspiracies regarding 9/11. However, there are several events preceeding and directly after 9/11 that make me draw some conclusions.

Like Roosevelt and Pearl Harbor, I believe this administration looked the other way, indirectly allowing it to happen.

And I don't give a shit what any Winger on this board thinks of me because I believe this to be true.
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
"The selfishness of Ayn Rand capitalism is the equivalent of intellectual masturbation -- satisfying in an ego-stroking way, but an ethical void when it comes to our commonly shared humanity."
post #122 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelum View Post

Boo hoo. Chill out, jimmac. Stop looking for a reason to be offended, K? As usual, you think that my post is "all about you." Well, it's not "all about you." Sorry. You simply gave the slightest spark for another idea. I was simply pointing out how appropriate the new spelling might turn out being... we may have created a new and very usable term concerning the GWOT.

Sorry but it was in response to my post. And you've done this before. So what conclusion would you draw?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #123 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgate View Post

I don't believe in 99% of all the grand conspiracies regarding 9/11. However, there are several events preceeding and directly after 9/11 that make me draw some conclusions.

Like Roosevelt and Pearl Harbor, I believe this administration looked the other way, indirectly allowing it to happen.

And I don't give a shit what any Winger on this board thinks of me because I believe this to be true.

I suggested this very thing right after 911 and got a great deal of indignation from other members back then. I said that they didn't need to have any big conspiracy. All they had to do was look the other way. It just seemed so unbelievable that the terrorists pulled it off. Especially the Pentigon.

The thing that would lead you to think about this is that there are so many questions surrounding 911. Too many actually.
post #124 of 126
Quote:

Don't confuse Bushies and Wingers... Please.
"Stand Up for Chuck"
"Stand Up for Chuck"
post #125 of 126
Well, I for one think that Bush did the right thing. I mean, good lord. 30 months? All Scooter did was get convicted of "one count of obstruction of justice; two counts of perjury; and one count of making false statements to federal investigators." And it weren't no lying about a blowjob, neither! It was the trivial matter of impeding an investigation into the outing of a covert CIA operative.

Sheesh, you lefty loony libs act like that's treason or something.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #126 of 126
Quote:

"Letting it happen on purpose" is equivalent in the end, to "making it happen on purpose". The result, in the end, would have been the same: 3000 dead, thousands to die directly from the toxic dust, and $10s of billions of property damage. If "they looked the other way", they were accessories before *and* after the fact, and the law treats accessories on a similar basis as the actual perps. If there was any real justice, those "who looked the other way" should be tried on that basis.

If found guilty, what penalties would you recommend?
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bush Commutes Libby's Sentence