or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Mossberg: Apple working on Adobe Flash support for iPhone

Mossberg: Apple working on Adobe Flash support for iPhone - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

I agree with this, and I've said the same myself in previous threads. Apple is all about dumping old standards it doesn't like when it releases new products (e.g., the iMac with USB and no floppy), despite what people think should happen because "that's the way things are done." I think Mossberg is wrong here, and I doubt he really heard this from someone in the know at Apple.

After speaking with Walt I would say he knows what he is talking about.
post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggWSmith View Post

After speaking with Walt I would say he knows what he is talking about.

I've communicated with him several times as well. I find it hard to believe he would get something like this wrong, but it does happen.
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsvisser View Post

this is excellent news... in addition to being able to view flash sites, especially video (good) and advertisements (bad), the other significant factor is that this is probably the preferred method to write applications for many developers, especially if the .SWF file can be hosted locally on the phone's memory. speed should not be an issue. with the latest Flash Player 9, the runtime has increased in speed and efficiency greatly, compared to 8... somewhere on the magnitude of 10 times (guess from memory) for certain features. also, since we are talking about comparing speed against RIA applications running in Safari, the Flash runtime should see parity, if not an advantage to speed compared to AJAX / webkit applications.

Flash 9 hasn't been released for ARM. Flash 7, which sucks, is the only version available. I see no reason for Apple to add Flash 7 to the iPhone.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #44 of 45
Looks like adding flash didn't happen. Wish they'd hurry up and add new features.
post #45 of 45
Its may work with Adobe Media Player. We may see it with a major iPhone update.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Mossberg: Apple working on Adobe Flash support for iPhone