or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Help No sound from internal speakers, only headphones. iBook G4

Help No sound from internal speakers, only headphones. iBook G4

post #1 of 2
Hi everyone.

I am new here, actully completly new to mac's and have just bought myself a iBook G4. Anyway, the sound was working perfectly, then i decided to do some updates. I updated the software to mac os X 10.3.9 and then when the computer restarted, there was no sound. Only from the headphone jack. Now when i go into the sound control pannel there is no option to select internal speakers, only headphone jack (play sounds and alearts through headphones) the box wont allow me to change it to internal speakers. All sounds come out the headphone jack, including the startup Dong.

So what should i do. The computer didnt come with any cd's, but it i can download the software off the net i could try and do a reinstall? is there a way of restoring the system to a previous point? and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom
post #2 of 2
Bump guys, any help. I have tried reseting the prom (apple, alt p and r) at boot up and this did nothing. i have tried some of the sugestions in previous posts to no avail. HELP please

Thanks

Tom
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Help No sound from internal speakers, only headphones. iBook G4