or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › What Member is Steve Jobs

What Member is Steve Jobs

post #1 of 43
We have the Fake Steve Jobs and now more recently have discovered that actual CEOs do frequent internet forums under a pseudonym . Hell even Dvorak admits to trolling Mac forums.

So I began to wonder, just which forum member is Steve Jobs. I just have to believe he's here and a regular posting member.

My guess.... Ireland.

Who do you think?
post #2 of 43
That would explain alot about Ireland and his crack pot ideas.
post #3 of 43
I have no Idea...
post #4 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

My guess.... Ireland.

Na. Ireland spends far too much time on here. Steve Jobs is a very busy man, Ireland clearly isn't!

post #5 of 43
No, I don't think Ireland is Steve Jobs. I don't always agree with him in every detail but still respect him as being one of the smarter guys on the forums. He is the type of guy I would like to see working at Apple.
post #6 of 43
He's here!! I just know it.
post #7 of 43
Quote:

He's here!! I just know it.

More importantly, which of us is Fake Steve?
post #8 of 43
Ah backtomac, I see you're on to me.

Yes I am the fake real Steve Jobs. I thought the double blind of using a boy's name while claiming to be a female but all the time really being His Steveness, would fool you.

Damn you AppleInsiders! You're too smart even to be tricked by the Mercurial One. Curses!
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #9 of 43
Quote:

We have the Fake Steve Jobs and now more recently have discovered that actual CEOs do frequent internet forums under a pseudonym . Hell even Dvorak admits to trolling Mac forums.

So I began to wonder, just which forum member is Steve Jobs. I just have to believe he's here and a regular posting member.

My guess.... Ireland.

Who do you think?

Who seems to be right more often then everyone else. Since Mel is always right, I vote him.

Due to recent developments in mousepad patents, I change my vote from melgross to Ireland.
Serving humanity one sarcastic comment at a time.
post #10 of 43
i'm steve jobs ...
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display

with a wireless Apple keyboard

and

iPod Touch
8GB
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
post #11 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

i'm steve jobs ...

No... you're much too clueless... unless that's a ruse to throw us off. So what's the new iMac like?
post #12 of 43
Quote:

i'm steve jobs ...

Steve Jobs could afford to buy his own copy of XP, unless he's a great poker player.

P.S. I'm not sure if I agree that Ireland is Steve Jobs, cause Ireland is both a genius, and a nice guy. I'd love to go out for a drink with him one day.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #13 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

Na. Ireland spends far too much time on here. Steve Jobs is a very busy man, Ireland clearly isn't!

So true. Although, the endless polling is a bit suspicious. It almost feels like market research.

I think Steve is all those people who keep posting spam. I don't think he likes sites like this because we try to counter his secret ways.
post #14 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionary View Post

No, I don't think Ireland is Steve Jobs. I don't always agree with him in every detail but still respect him as being one of the smarter guys on the forums. He is the type of guy I would like to see working at Apple.

Thank you very much.
post #15 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin

I don't think he likes sites like this because we try to counter his secret ways.

Not true, I love you guys.
post #16 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I'm not sure if I agree that Ireland is Steve Jobs, cause Ireland is both a genius, and a nice guy. I'd love to go out for a drink with him one day.

Yeah he is. He's also never conceited or egotistic. I don't think I would like to go out for a drink with him though as he would probably [edited for negative Irish stereotype].

Wait... are you trying to say that SJ is a mean, dumb guy? I don't think that you would appreciate that.
post #17 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

No... you're much too clueless... unless that's a ruse to throw us off. So what's the new iMac like?

it's going to have the same aluminum case as the macbook pro, the 17 inch model is cancelled and the others will stay and a new 30 inch will go on the market. the new keyboards will be thinner and sexier and much more functional, and you can pick up either the new aluminum keyboard to match your new imac or, you can get the default white keyboard. Santa rosa will be introduced to the imacs, and both the default memory and hard drive will be increased. For more deatails you'll have to wait untill august 14th
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
post #18 of 43
Quote:

it's going to have the same aluminum case as the macbook pro, the 17 inch model is cancelled and the others will stay and a new 30 inch will go on the market. the new keyboards will be thinner and sexier and much more functional, and you can pick up either the new aluminum keyboard to match your new imac or, you can get the default white keyboard. Santa rosa will be introduced to the imacs, and both the default memory and hard drive will be increased. For more deatails you'll have to wait untill august 14th

I'm going to hold you to that, eh.
post #19 of 43
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
post #20 of 43
Quote:

"Son I'm only going to tell you one time; if you want keep working here, stay of the drugs." - love that movie. And Toy Story.
post #21 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

"Son I'm only going to tell you one time; if you want keep working here, stay of the drugs." - love that movie. And Toy Story.

lolzors, toy story is the number 1 rated movie on rotten tomatoes D:
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
post #22 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Fagin View Post

Just a doodle in Photoshop but it struck me as being a plausible idea with a clear precedent. At any rate, having doodled it, I felt I had to do something with it so here I am. *waves*

- Joel Fagin

Joel Fagin is Johnny Ives so ask him who is really Steve Jobs

i think sunniman is steve.........
classic imac g3 (ebay bargin) working my way up the Apple ladder..........
Ipod 5G black
big credit card debit when new hardware and osx come out (misses beat me to it big dreams of apple now)
classic imac g3 (ebay bargin) working my way up the Apple ladder..........
Ipod 5G black
big credit card debit when new hardware and osx come out (misses beat me to it big dreams of apple now)
post #23 of 43
Well.... my member is not.
post #24 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito2 View Post

Joel Fagin is Johnny Ives so ask him who is really Steve Jobs

i think sunniman is steve.........

Joel Fagin could be Ive, but why would they want to ruin the surprise. Sunilraman is not Jobs cause he posted a picture of himself in the queue for an Apple store in these boards before.
post #25 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch pear View Post

Well.... my member is not.

This post is highly suspicious.
post #26 of 43
I'd guess that Steve has been here on Appleinsider as long as he has been Apple's CEO. Look for those who have been around that long. I definitely am not SJ and can prove it. I've always supported a Mac mini tower, which has never appeared in Apple's lineup.

post #27 of 43
While Steve-o may have visited the site, there's no reason for him to have become a member unless he felt it compelling to join-in on the banter in AO.

Over the years, I've made a number of posts that indicate I think Steve is a jerk. If you're so inclined, you can search the forum and see if there are any consistent retorters.
Cat: the other white meat
post #28 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

While Steve-o may have visited the site, there's no reason for him to have become a member unless he felt it compelling to join-in on the banter in AO.

Over the years, I've made a number of posts that indicate I think Steve is a jerk. If you're so inclined, you can search the forum and see if there are any consistent retorters.

Maybe you're teh Steve. The jerk comments were made to throw us off.
post #29 of 43
Well I definitely know who isn't...

:::cough::: joethedragon :::cough:::
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #30 of 43
Quote:

Maybe you're teh Steve. The jerk comments were made to throw us off.

Well, the geography is right, the industry is right, but I'm 26.
post #31 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Well, the geography is right, the industry is right, but I'm 26.

The age could be bogus. However, you have far too many posts to be SJ. So, I believe you.

post #32 of 43
I doubt steve would actually sign up. He would just browse the site for specific threads pointed out to him by those that get paid to look at rumor sites all day. He doesn't have time to just sit around and go through them himself. Hey Steve, I need a job!
post #33 of 43
I also vote that SJ is probably only a lurker and has posted only a few times if ever.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #34 of 43
Dorsal. Or FrankG.
post #35 of 43
post #36 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I think it's this guy:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/member.php?u=115

Only five posts since 2001--you'd think he'd get po'd at us more than once a year.

This is a detective job for someone with lots of time on their hands, or lots of paid--or unpaid--assistants. First study the posting patterns of other individuals who participate on forums that deal with themselves (sorry for the poor grammar), then examine all of the screen names for possible associations with Steve, or his interests, and finally look at the contents of the posts by the winnowed group of candidates for any clues. Run it through one of the NSA's supercomputer's (the kind used to ferrit out terrorist connections amid deception), and viola, you've got a list of suspects. in fact, if there's one person oout there who has the interest and ability to get to the bottom of this--it's Steve Jobs. Only, will will be able to trust his results?

I think there's an easier way to make Steve come out of the closet. What was that TV show, "To Tell the Truth"? Steve will have no choice but to admit his screen identitity, to avoid the embarassment of being associated with any number of AI members who claim to be him.

So get in line, and start making those claims to the SJ identity. I for one will pass, mostly because I couldn't deal with the thought of being such a superstar, especially one with an increasingly large middle-aged paunch (been there, done that--the middle-aged paunch thing--and don't want to got back, even in a fantasy). Plus, I rarely say anything nice about Apple or Steve--and I imagine then real steve would at least on average be neutral.

PS One last clue. Given the SEC investigation into the Whole Foods guy's posts, Steve has likely stopped posting. Which is another reason we all need to say we're Steve--we can compare the list of posters to this thread to AI members and narrow the likely culprit down to one of the few who was posting up until the SEC/WF story broke, but now no longer is.
post #37 of 43
Wilco hasn't posted in a while.

And his comments always had a mean bite to them.

Hmm...
post #38 of 43
I'm Sparticus !!!!!

oh sorry wrong thread (bows head and wanders off to the IMDB )

j.
www.pixelrevolution.com/webcam/
2.66 MacPro, 15" MacbookPro
"I think I once saw Steve Jobs at Seaworld"
www.vrhull.co.uk/(click an ad and earn me some cash)
www.pixelrevolution.com/webcam/
2.66 MacPro, 15" MacbookPro
"I think I once saw Steve Jobs at Seaworld"
www.vrhull.co.uk/(click an ad and earn me some cash)
post #39 of 43
What if it's backtomac, and he is just trying to fool us???
17" i7 Macbook Pro (Mid 2010), Mac Mini (early 2006), G3 B&W, G3 Beige Tower, 3 G3 iMacs (original, bondi, snow), Power Mac 7600/132, Power Mac 7100/100, Power Mac 6100/60, Performa 5280, Performa...
17" i7 Macbook Pro (Mid 2010), Mac Mini (early 2006), G3 B&W, G3 Beige Tower, 3 G3 iMacs (original, bondi, snow), Power Mac 7600/132, Power Mac 7100/100, Power Mac 6100/60, Performa 5280, Performa...
post #40 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I think it's this guy:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/member.php?u=115

haha, his sig, boycott microsoft
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
SuperDrive 8x

and

iPod Touch
8GB
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › What Member is Steve Jobs