or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › keeping same phone number

keeping same phone number

post #1 of 4
Currently I have a corporate AT&T account, want to switch to a iphone and was told I need to get an individual account with a new phone number. Am okay with an individual account, but why can't I keep my same phone number??? Or can I and the person at AT&T is wrong? Thanks.
post #2 of 4
We also had a corp.. account with 4 phones with different numbers combined onto one billing statement. Had to set up each iphone with individual account under 4 separate names with personal social security numbers. Our business never received special billing discounts or phone discounts. Told that corporations were not allowed to buy iphones? Dumbest thing I have ever heard. The answer to your question we did keep all off our original phone numbers. Our business pays for our phones and just did not like giving social security numbers out for such a idiotic reason
post #3 of 4
thanks for the reply. Agree with personal social security number. This is so idiotic, I cannot believe it!! Plus I had a question regarding accessing outlook email (currently have a Treo 650 and use versamail) and they could not even answer that question. So I left, without purchasing one. They told me I should get a a blackberry!!
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieparis View Post

thanks for the reply. Agree with personal social security number. This is so idiotic, I cannot believe it!! Plus I had a question regarding accessing outlook email (currently have a Treo 650 and use versamail) and they could not even answer that question. So I left, without purchasing one. They told me I should get a a blackberry!!

Our business uses all macs in the office and our plant. For me the iphone was the perfect fit for my contacts and calendar and being told BUSINESS can not buy iphones.... for just a few minutes we were thinking about buying all new computers
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › keeping same phone number