or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Can't Connect Macbook to Wireless Network

Can't Connect Macbook to Wireless Network

post #1 of 5
Hey guys I need help...

I can't connect a MacBook to my wireless network. I am using WPA personal encryption and I am positive I am using the right passphrase. I can connect my iMac and my other MacBook to my network but not my second Macbook. It keeps telling me that "An error occurred..."

Any ideas? Do I need to reset something?

Try to configure under two different admin accounts no luck. Wired connections work fine.

Thanks

Dave
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

Hey guys I need help...

I can't connect a MacBook to my wireless network. I am using WPA personal encryption and I am positive I am using the right passphrase. I can connect my iMac and my other MacBook to my network but not my second Macbook. It keeps telling me that "An error occurred..."

Any ideas? Do I need to reset something?

Try to configure under two different admin accounts no luck. Wired connections work fine.

Thanks

Dave

Are you able to connect to other networks (coffeeshops to test)? It might be a problem with your airport card.
Serving humanity one sarcastic comment at a time.
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

Are you able to connect to other networks (coffeeshops to test)? It might be a problem with your airport card.

Haven't tried yet. But I plan too...

Thanks for the thought....

Dave
post #4 of 5
you might also try sharing the connection from one of the other computers. Worth a shot.
post #5 of 5
sometimes it gets confused and you have to tell it which type of security you are using. I think you just look under network options.
I had to do that for my roommates mbp when we changed our network security.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Can't Connect Macbook to Wireless Network