or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › 14 inch i book

14 inch i book

post #1 of 23
see in the apple web side : no photo for the moment just written 14 inch i book. That's a info.
precisions in a couple of hours.
post #2 of 23
Sounds like I need a new Ibook
post #3 of 23
[quote]Originally posted by powerdoc:
<strong>see in the apple web side : no photo for the moment just written 14 inch i book. That's a info.
precisions in a couple of hours.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Where's the text you refer to? Link, please. Thanks.
post #4 of 23
<a href="http://www.apple.com/home/" target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/home/</a>

Hard to believe they would redesign it so soon though.
post #5 of 23
[quote]Originally posted by string:
<strong><a href="http://www.apple.com/home/" target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/home/</a>

Hard to believe they would redesign it so soon though.</strong><hr></blockquote>
Yes it's seem that apple's is fighting back for the mac !
post #6 of 23
AHH! I'm spoiled again! I'm so excited though.

New 14" iBooks...mmm...*shiver*

*Registered March 1, 1999*
Member #14
*Registered March 1, 1999*
Member #14
post #7 of 23
Hmm. I'm skeptical, but I recall in July that <a href="http://taiwan.cnet.com/news/ce/story/0,2000022611,20009144,00.htm" target="_blank">CNET in Hong Kong</a> quoted an AlphaTop exec (the company that makes iBooks) as saying they were producing a 14" iBook?

Note: the link above is to a Chinese(?) language site)

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Michael Grey ]</p>
Robots are everywhere, and they eat old people's medicine for fuel.
Robots are everywhere, and they eat old people's medicine for fuel.
post #8 of 23
At least the laptops have a sensible design.
Nov 98 - Earliest Registered User on record
Jan 02 - Earliest iPad prediction
Nov 98 - Earliest Registered User on record
Jan 02 - Earliest iPad prediction
post #9 of 23
The product line could carry two screen sizes. Maybe one would be special order only or whatever, but even the new iMac design lends itself to multiple screen sizes.

That base would have to be fairly heavy to support a Cinema Display though.
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
"Hearing a corrupt CEO like Cheney denigrate Edwards for being a trial lawyer is like hearing a child molester complain how Larry Flint is a pervert." -johnq
post #10 of 23
also you may notice time is the first link, this would concur with that apple purposly leaked that ish last night
Double Pump |sh
Double Pump |sh
post #11 of 23
Ahhh, just an hour or so to go now...

BTW, could the fact that there are no links to the powermac on apple.com/home, mean that there won't be any upgrades to the powermac line?
post #12 of 23
No mention of PowerMacs or new displays on the page. I guess with the new iMac at 800Mhz we are stuck with PowerMacs at the current speeds.

Stuck in an infinite loop waiting for an Apple PDA...

apple.otaku
Stuck in an infinite loop waiting for an Apple PDA...

apple.otaku
post #13 of 23
I am betting the iBook gets a G4...the end of the G3 is here!
post #14 of 23
I'm gunna go crazy if a 14" iBook is really introduced.
post #15 of 23
[quote]Originally posted by Horned_Frog:
<strong>I am betting the iBook gets a G4...the end of the G3 is here!</strong><hr></blockquote>
god bless you !
post #16 of 23
EmAn---didn't you want to trade you new iBook for the new iMac??? do you now want to trade the iBook for the new iBook??
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
post #17 of 23
Does 14" iBook have a keyboard?
post #18 of 23
[quote]Originally posted by thegelding:
<strong>EmAn---didn't you want to trade you new iBook for the new iMac??? do you now want to trade the iBook for the new iBook?? </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, but the problem is I probably won't be able to so I'll probably be with my current iBook for a long time still.
post #19 of 23
GOD IM ABOUT TO CRY WITH JOY!!!!!

IM SOOOOO GLAD I WAITED AN extra 2 weeks to buy an iBook!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWW WWWWW
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
post #20 of 23
[quote]Originally posted by userone:
<strong>Does 14" iBook have a keyboard?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No. They had to cut the costs somewhere.
--
--
post #21 of 23
[quote]Originally posted by thegelding:
<strong>EmAn---didn't you want to trade you new iBook for the new iMac??? do you now want to trade the iBook for the new iBook?? </strong><hr></blockquote>

And I also wouldn't be able to decide between the iMac and the iBook. I'd probably go with the iMac though since in the 6 1/2 months I've had my iBook I brought it with me places twice.
post #22 of 23
How large would a 14" iBook have to be? The coolest part about my iBook is that I can throw it in anything that will hold a notebook, textbook, aor anything elst approx 8 1/2" x 11". Wouldn't a 14" screen discard that functionality?
post #23 of 23
The new 14.1" iBook weighs a full pound more than the old ones. I'd like to see how big this thing is. At 5.9 lbs, it's heavier than the TiBook.
I'm not going anywhere.
I'm not going anywhere.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › 14 inch i book