or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AT&T activates 146,000 phones in first two days

AT&T activates 146,000 phones in first two days

post #1 of 5
http://money.cnn.com/2007/07/24/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

I'm pretty disappointed - I was hoping for a million or something. Maybe Apple sold a lot more than that, but they didn't get activated until July 1st or 2nd due to all the activation glitches.

But the 40% new customers is good news, particularly if Apple gets more money per month for new customers.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #2 of 5
I wonder how Many people were unable to activate that weekend due to slow number transfers from other carriers or the other issues going on at that time? I bet that would take those "activation" numbers up a bit.
Don't click here, addictions may follow!

16GB iPhone 4 - Black
16GB iPad
2ghz Intel Macbook
1.6Ghz Intel Mini
Don't click here, addictions may follow!

16GB iPhone 4 - Black
16GB iPad
2ghz Intel Macbook
1.6Ghz Intel Mini
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyko95 View Post

I wonder how Many people were unable to activate that weekend due to slow number transfers from other carriers or the other issues going on at that time? I bet that would take those "activation" numbers up a bit.

Well, on 2nd thought AT&T previously said that it was 2% of people that had problems activating the phones. There are still plenty of people who waited to activate, though, including a bunch of people who tried to sell their phone on eBay.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #4 of 5
Yea but still, Apple has said that they sold out all phones from AT&T stores and most of their retail stores. This means that sales were still very strong and the 146000 number should still be a very low estimate of the total number sold the first week.
post #5 of 5
I think Apple is gonna get hammered today in the stock market. We'll see the number of phones that Apple reports as being sold but I would ssy that anything below 500,000 will be viewed as disappointing.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AT&T activates 146,000 phones in first two days