or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone Review Series: iPhone vs. BlackBerry 8700
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone Review Series: iPhone vs. BlackBerry 8700 - Page 3

post #81 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrikanth05 View Post

I thought it was a decent site, now I know that it is an Apple only site.

Are single-brand or single OS sites bad then? I don't understand why having a focus is bad in itself. I'm not sure what you'd expect if you log onto a site with "Apple" in the name. I certainly wouldn't expect to find anything pro-Apple or pro-MS on a site with "Linux" in the name, and similar is true for sites with "Windows" in the name. They all have their own focus and their own audience, and their own preferences biases.

It's fine to have your opinion. You think that Blackberries are better, that's fine. No product is for everyone. RIM has a different focus, and I think that's good. I don't like it when all the major companies try to do the exact same thing, and it's not necessarily in anyone's best interest if they do.

Saying things that aren't true is a different matter. You said Linux is used more than Macs, and it's not been true for a few years, if ever.
post #82 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrikanth05 View Post

Same way, why is it that all the sites that boast taht apple products are better than their claims are aplle fansites?
I made a big mistake by posting here.
I tyhought this wsas a decent reveiw site, now I know it is just another crappy Apple fanboy forum.


Even though it's obvious that you're trolling, I did post numbers. But, you can't simply make unsupported remarks without being asked to support them.

If you think that's too much to ask, then fine, goodbye!
post #83 of 91
There you go, now some people are involving Linux into this.
Wierd.
Well Merry Christmas everybody.
BlackBerry beats the iPhone.
Reply
BlackBerry beats the iPhone.
Reply
post #84 of 91
P.S: Maybe not in the real computer world, but in the mobile world, Linux has 10 times the market share as Mac OS, and after all this topic is about SmartPhones....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone
BlackBerry beats the iPhone.
Reply
BlackBerry beats the iPhone.
Reply
post #85 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrikanth05 View Post

P.S: Maybe not in the real computer world, but in the mobile world, Linux has 10 times the market share as Mac OS, and after all this topic is about SmartPhones....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone

Big deal. Hundreds of cellphones that have existed for years have more market share than a single cellphone that has existed for about half a year! STOP THE PRESSES.

If only your assertion were true for any country other than China where iPhones aren't even directly sold at all. In the US, the primary market for the iPhone, it already beats Windows Mobile at 27%, and let's just not even speak of Linux, which makes even less of a dent than Palm OS or Symbian. When it comes to mobile phone browsers, Safari on iPhone has a 47% share.
post #86 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrikanth05 View Post

P.S: Maybe not in the real computer world, but in the mobile world, Linux has 10 times the market share as Mac OS, and after all this topic is about SmartPhones....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone

If you looked further down in the article, you would notice that it mentions that the various Linux phone OS's are incompatible. Because of that, the fact that the OS's use Linux for the kernel, which, by the way, since you don't seem to know, is NOT an OS, you can't say that Linux has that amount of the smartphone market.

Wikipedia often gets its definitions partly wrong.

Here, that error is in not explaining properly that Linux is NOT an OS at all, though it does hint that way, but then makes the error of listing it as such.

If they actually listed all of the phone OS's that use the Linux kernel, but are otherwise completely different, Linux would not have appeared as a name at all.

It's like looking at a computer OS such as Debian, and saying it is Linux. It's NOT. It's the Debian OS that uses the Linux kernel.

If Apple foolishly switched to the Linux kernel for OS X, they would have to make changes to the OS to accommodate it, but it would not be "Linux". It would be OS X, with a Linux kernel, instead of OS X with the MACH kernel.
post #87 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

If you looked further down in the article, you would notice that it mentions that the various Linux phone OS's are incompatible. Because of that, the fact that the OS's use Linux for the kernel, which, by the way, since you don't seem to know, is NOT an OS, you can't say that Linux has that amount of the smartphone market.

Wikipedia often gets its definitions partly wrong.

Here, that error is in not explaining properly that Linux is NOT an OS at all, though it does hint that way, but then makes the error of listing it as such.

If they actually listed all of the phone OS's that use the Linux kernel, but are otherwise completely different, Linux would not have appeared as a name at all.

It's like looking at a computer OS such as Debian, and saying it is Linux. It's NOT. It's the Debian OS that uses the Linux kernel.

If Apple foolishly switched to the Linux kernel for OS X, they would have to make changes to the OS to accommodate it, but it would not be "Linux". It would be OS X, with a Linux kernel, instead of OS X with the MACH kernel.

Do I look like I care?
BlackBerry beats the iPhone.
Reply
BlackBerry beats the iPhone.
Reply
post #88 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrikanth05 View Post

Do I look like I care?

I don't think you know, or care about anything important.

I also think, as other here seem to do, that it's a waste of time responding to you, and I won't bother in the future.
post #89 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I don't think you know, or care about anything important.

I also think, as other here seem to do, that it's a waste of time responding to you, and I won't bother in the future.

Sounds good to me, melgross. Can I join up? Looks like bavlondon2 has rsrikanth05 as a partner in nonsense.
post #90 of 91
Kep-kunto seriously you should drop this attitude of yours as its so childish. Go have a drik, get laid whatever takes the steam of but chill out.
post #91 of 91
Hey, everyone, it’s the “2007 Greatest Know-it-all that in fact knows-nothing” – bavlondon2! You trying to give advice you can't take yourself? Besides, it's drink, not drik, and "takes the steam off", not "of". Come on, bav, you just started using spell checking, so what happened? Haha, oh, it's too much.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone Review Series: iPhone vs. BlackBerry 8700