or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › one more email question

one more email question

post #1 of 9
Do you think Apple will invent a way to delete email on your computer and have it automatically deleted from your iphone?
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagel109 View Post

Do you think Apple will invent a way to delete email on your computer and have it automatically deleted from your iphone?

MIne does that. I think it's because I'm a .MAC member.
post #3 of 9
Mine does that with yahoo. As long as you're iPhone is linked to your email it will do that automatically because the iPhone updates your email every couple of minutes. iPhone doesn't really save or store emails on your iPhone, they are streamed. So when you read something from your email on a computer the iPhone should reflect that. Mine does.
post #4 of 9
If you are using IMAP, then it works that way, over-the-air. And if you are using POP it should do the same thing when you sync with your computer over USB.
post #5 of 9
I use gmail. On my iPhone when I delete an email from the phone I have to delete it again from my computer and vice versa. Sorta of annoying...
post #6 of 9
That is because you are using POP, that is one of the many problems with POP. I wish GMail would allow for IMAP, but there are a lot of things that don't map well to what they want to do with IMAP.
post #7 of 9
Argh - I miss that on my blackberry I had the gmail application that made everything work flawlessly together.
post #8 of 9
IZZY mail = Best 17$/year I've spent
Report employers of illegal aliens at (866) DHS-2ICE
Report employers of illegal aliens at (866) DHS-2ICE
post #9 of 9
I don't understand. If someone could explain this to me in simple language, I'd really appreciate it. I have an iphone. Right now I receive my email through apple mail as a pop. My email is directed to a .com which is my business website so I can't use .mac or yahoo.

I want to be able to delete my email on my computer and have it automatically deleted on my iphone so I'm not doing double the work. I also have a computer at home. Is there an easy way to do this?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › one more email question