or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Introducing Molly
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Introducing Molly - Page 3

post #81 of 136
I had that darn Molly Collie song stuck in my head for 3 days straight.

I see there's still a bit of work to be done on the whole fetch thing.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #82 of 136
That's not "fetch", that's "dispose of in the trackless wastes so that no one will ever find it."

Midwinter clearly has big plans for his Mollie.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #83 of 136
Thread Starter 
She fetches just fine.



After a little gnawing on it, first.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #84 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by adda

That's not "fetch", that's "dispose of in the trackless wastes so that no one will ever find it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter

After a little gnawing on it, first.

Love is a dog from hell.

Spooky.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #85 of 136
BTW midwinter, I was pretty impressed with the way you went all alpha male in defence of Molly's fetching abilities. Don't worry. Bob has diffuse cataracts. He struggles to keep track of me in open spaces let alone a small moving target.

But can Molly build a doona cave?



Well can she bud?

Does she know the command "in your bag"? Meaning get into the reusable cloth shopping bag with 2 cushions inside for your traveling comfort so your poor downtrodden human can lug you about and take the weight off your delicate little paws? Bet she doesn't. (Bob learnt this one during his recent illness).

How's Molly get on with the "perpetual 2 year old"? Is it a sulfur-crested? I could send you a whole crate load of the damn things if you'd like. Throw in a couple of straw necked ibises because you're a mate and all.

I realize looking at your pics what a challenge it would be to live with Bob in a place where it snowed so much. Not only would he sink, he'd blend in. I guess you have to keep doggies inside or have a heated kennel in winter huh?
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #86 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester View Post

Does she know the command "in your bag"? Meaning get into the reusable cloth shopping bag with 2 cushions inside for your traveling comfort so your poor downtrodden human can lug you about and take the weight off your delicate little paws? Bet she doesn't.

You would be completely wrong. Molly actually taught that to herself last week, and even wrote down the command on a 3x5 notecard and placed it on our pillows along with a diagram of what she would do when given the command.

Quote:
How's Molly get on with the "perpetual 2 year old"? Is it a sulfur-crested? I could send you a whole crate load of the damn things if you'd like. Throw in a couple of straw necked ibises because you're a mate and all.

It's an umbrella, and you know, you're the 3rd or 4rd Aussie to suggest that you can't believe we have one and that these are the most annoying birds on earth. I mean, they are the most annoying birds on earth, and I can't imagine FLOCKS of the little bastards.

In our defense, the bird was not our choice. My wife's first husband insisted on getting it and then, a month after getting it, GHWB insisted on him being shipped out to Saudi Arabia in 1991, and then some commander insisted on him flying a bombing run, and then he flew into the ground returning.

In short, we have a bird that we would never, ever recommend as a pet.

Quote:
I realize looking at your pics what a challenge it would be to live with Bob in a place where it snowed so much. Not only would he sink, he'd blend in. I guess you have to keep doggies inside or have a heated kennel in winter huh?

I'm not sure I understand. Here's a pic of Henry, Bob and Molly:



He's right there in the middle.

And yeah, she's an inside dog, mostly. Although she's perfectly capable of hanging out in the yard for a couple of hours. What's interesting to me is that her coat simply doesn't accumulate snow or ice. We have to be out in DEEP (i.e. to my knees, at least) snow with her breaking trail for any snow to really stick to her.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #87 of 136
No I'm not surprised you've got a cocky. I know there's a big market for them in the States. Every so often somebody gets busted over here for trying to cash in by illegally smuggling them out of the country. But you still didn't say how the bird gets on with Molly.

But yeah who wants to own a pet that might outlive you. I shudder at the thought of being stuck with finding somebody to bequeath the damn thing to.

Well, I have to admit your Where's Bob? pic beats mine hands down.



Strange Bob didn't mention popping over to Utah. I guess even little fluffy dogs have to have their secrets.

And before you say anything, yes that is the bedroom of the woman who pointed out your dirty cupboards to you, in all its shambolic glory and complete with dirty underwear and a roll of cling wrap on the bed! Hell, I use to be a neat freak like every other Mac user on the planet but I trained myself out of it. Decided it wasn't entirely healthy.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #88 of 136
Awww, there he is!

Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #89 of 136
Bob seems to not realize that he needs to wash and put away his dirty clothing...

You ought to do something about that chester...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #90 of 136
No he doesn't realize he needs to wash and put away my clothing.

I think some of those items are my undies but they look huge. Photos must be like television. They add 10 pounds to your knickers.

And just so there's no misunderstanding, I think the plastic wrap is there because I was hennaing my hair and not because I'm too cheap to buy condoms. Hell, it's been so long since I've needed a condom I.......I feel like......I feel like billybob (the old version - not the new and improved one. ) Besides, condoms are free in Oz.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #91 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester View Post

No he doesn't realize he needs to wash and put away my clothing.

I think some of those items are my undies but they look huge. Photos must be like television. They add 10 pounds to your knickers.

And just so there's no misunderstanding, I think the plastic wrap is there because I was hennaing my hair and not because I'm too cheap to buy condoms. Hell, it's been so long since I've needed a condom I.......I feel like......I feel like billybob (the old version - not the new and improved one. ) Besides, condoms are free in Oz.

Still, that would be quite the trick, if you could get Bob to wash your knickers. Beats the fuck out of fetch, anyway.

Is Bob still recovering well? Is he all better now and back to his incorrigible self? I laughed when you put up the "there he is" shot, because I had actually stared at the first picture for a while without spotting him.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #92 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by adda

Still, that would be quite the trick, if you could get Bob to wash your knickers. Beats the fuck out of fetch, anyway.

Tell me about it. While I'm sure he'd get the hang of the washing machine pretty quickly, I think he'd struggle to lug the laundry basket around. He doesn't show much interest in my undies but he is obsessed with my socks. These are the only thing he chews. I don't think I have a single pair of sucks he hasn't gnawed a hole in.

Quote:
Is Bob still recovering well? Is he all better now and back to his incorrigible self? I laughed when you put up the "there he is" shot, because I had actually stared at the first picture for a while without spotting him.

Yep he's pretty much back to normal. Still not doing his high jumps but can jump up on the bed and the lounge and dance around on his hind legs. As things turned out, he pretty much self-managed his recovery as the vet said he would.

And yeah, I posted the second shot because it occurred to me that he might be missed unless people knew where to look. The first time he got in the bed like that (completely under the doona) he had me absolutely fucked. I knew there was no way he could have got out of the house but it was only when I called him and he stuck his head out that I finally found him. He's a laugh a minute. I'm working on getting some audio of him in full song for your listening pleasure. While he likes John Hiatt, IMO his best work is warbling to the Pancake Parlour ad on TV.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #93 of 136
Oh and Bob's wardrobe consists of a blue cravat with little yellow dog bones on it and a red and blue turtle neck jumper. There were no black turtle necks presumably because Uncle Steve has bought them all for his doggy.

I had some woman in town tell me he should have a coat on one morning when it wasn't really all that cold. I look at that pic of Henry and Molly (and Bob) running about stark naked in the depths of a US winter and think sheesh!
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #94 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester View Post

Tell me about it. While I'm sure he'd get the hang of the washing machine pretty quickly, I think he'd struggle to lug the laundry basket around. He doesn't show much interest in my undies but he is obsessed with my socks. These are the only thing he chews. I don't think I have a single pair of sucks he hasn't gnawed a hole in.

I think because the flavor drains to the feet?


Quote:
Yep he's pretty much back to normal. Still not doing his high jumps but can jump up on the bed and the lounge and dance around on his hind legs. As things turned out, he pretty much self-managed his recovery as the vet said he would.

Yay Bob!

Quote:
And yeah, I posted the second shot because it occurred to me that he might be missed unless people knew where to look. The first time he got in the bed like that (completely under the doona) he had me absolutely fucked. I knew there was no way he could have got out of the house but it was only when I called him and he stuck his head out that I finally found him. He's a laugh a minute. I'm working on getting some audio of him in full song for your listening pleasure. While he likes John Hiatt, IMO his best work is warbling to the Pancake Parlour ad on TV.

Sounds like a must hear.

It occurs to me that I'm having simultaneous 'chester chats in two places at once. Doesn't that cause blindness, or something?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #95 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by adda

I think because the flavor drains to the feet?

After that comment, I'm so glad he doesn't chew my undies.........
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #96 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I think because the flavor drains to the feet?

Yeppers.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #97 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester View Post

After that comment, I'm so glad he doesn't chew my undies.........

Jeez, I hope the lads over at Nova don't get ahold of that thought. I think they're still running on an avalanche of free associating dick jokes from a typo that made "wee" out of "see".
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #98 of 136
Thread Starter 
Taken just as the snow started yesterday afternoon. 30 mph winds+icy snow = a short trip to the park. But Molly met Friday, the Golden Doodle.



10" of snow last night and hopefully good light this afternoon. I'll try to get some more pics later.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #99 of 136
Friday the Golden Doodle! Who is ambulatory upholstered furniture, of some sort! And who, I can't help but think, needs a song like Bob and Molly have!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #100 of 136
Thread Starter 
No doubt some variation on that "Dominic the donkey" song.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #101 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

No doubt some variation on that "Dominic the donkey" song.

Is that the same donkey you helped Jack off? In which case a song maybe isn't such a great idea. Or a much better idea.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #102 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Is that the same donkey you helped Jack off? In which case a song maybe isn't such a great idea. Or a much better idea.

Nah. That donkey's name is Brandon.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #103 of 136
Does Friday ride a tricycle as well?

And even more pertinent...

Is that a shriner hat?!
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
Reply
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
Reply
post #104 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by adda

Friday the Golden Doodle! Who is ambulatory upholstered furniture, of some sort!

Ever thought of writing children's fiction adda? I believe there's quite good money in it. The Adventures of Friday the Golden Doodle, stories about a piece of ambulatory upholstered furniture to delight the under sixes, sounds like it could blow the Big Friendly Giant right off bookstore shelves.

Quote:
Is that the same donkey you helped Jack off?

Ooooh I haven't heard that story. Do tell midwinter? Are there pictures of that as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter

Nah. That donkey's name is Brandon.

That seems like an overly grand name for a donkey if you ask me. They make bastard pets too. My sister had a couple. Hooves. Ugh!
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #105 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester View Post


That seems like an overly grand name for a donkey if you ask me. They make bastard pets too. My sister had a couple. Hooves. Ugh!

When I was a kid, I had a goat named Steve. I also had a cat named Richard. Right now, I have a cat named David.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #106 of 136
Thread Starter 
20" of snow on the ground. 10" last night on top. A bunch of new pics today.

Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #107 of 136
Sadly no sheep on the horizon.
post #108 of 136
Spotted at AN. Bob is soooooooo going to want one of these.



Of course, one of those potty-mouthed, uncouth heathens over there just had to ask how you clean it.

I don't think I've mentioned that Mother Nature has been extremely generous to Bob IMO. Sometimes when I look at him out walking, especially when his hair's short, I can't help but think it's all out of proportion to the rest of his body.

He might be missing a couple of bits but Bob's still all man.


I note Molly has pretty much lost her puppy looks now midwinter and is looking all grown up.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #109 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester View Post

I note Molly has pretty much lost her puppy looks now midwinter and is looking all grown up.

Yup. She's pretty much a dog now, although she acts like a puppy, still. Like some bizarre Britney Spears song or something.

Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #110 of 136
Well, you asked for it.

I know it's not terribly clear, but careful observation will reveal Bob's prodigious endowment reaches all the way to his knee/stifle joint. I bet none of you can claim that.



And despite the poor focus, here's a pretty good shot looking right up his jacksie.



Brought to you by Bob Beefcake, porn star.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #111 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester

I bet none of you can claim that.

<cricket's chirping>

Ha! I thought as much.

This is why I regularly tell Bob what a big dick he has for such a little dog. I don't want him to suffer from that all too common sense of inferiority endured by so many males.

Seems I'm not special enough to attach files here either. Not to worry, I have now recorded Bob (and myself) singing. You can just hear the Pancake Parlor ad at the very start. But he knew I was up to something and went all coy on me. However, with a bit of prompting he came good. I discovered my singing sounds even worse when I'm trying not to laugh, something I wouldn't have thought possible. I guess you'd class it as opera.

Click here to listen to Bob's-Other-Song
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #112 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester View Post

Well, you asked for it.

I know it's not terribly clear, but careful observation will reveal Bob's prodigious endowment reaches all the way to his knee/stifle joint. I bet none of you can claim that.

well, I could but I'm a modest fellow.
an aye for an eye, the truth is a lie; a fish cannot whistle & neither can I.
Reply
an aye for an eye, the truth is a lie; a fish cannot whistle & neither can I.
Reply
post #113 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post


Holy hell! what is that thing?

a curly haired bear with mange?
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #114 of 136
Thread Starter 
It's a small elk with a perm and a Shriner hat!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #115 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

It's a small elk with a perm and a Shriner hat!

I saw a documentary once on elk perming. Not for the faint hearted.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #116 of 136
And no, Chester, I'm not ignoring Bob's penis. And by "not" I mean "with all my might".
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #117 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter

It's a small elk with a perm and a Shriner hat!

Can't be an elk. Molly would be herding it if it was. It's herding her.

Ergo, it must be a baby rhinocerous in a fur coat on stilts.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Reply
post #118 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester View Post

Can't be an elk. Molly would be herding it if it was. It's herding her.

Ergo, it must be a baby rhinocerous in a fur coat on stilts.

Rhinos are so cute when they're little, before they grow out of their vaudeville phase.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #119 of 136
Thread Starter 
Old pic.

Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #120 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post


I immediately conjured a story in my head about how Fozzie Bear had to enter the Witness Protection Program and midwinter just blew his cover. I always thought he was something of a gangster...you know, with that hat and all.

cc: You should start a thread about Bob's largess over at AN. We could go on about it for 5 or 6 pages, easy.
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
Reply
It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Introducing Molly