or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Unsupported widgets, apps listed in iPhone firmware

Unsupported widgets, apps listed in iPhone firmware - Page 2

post #41 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proximityeffect View Post

I received an email from Apple for an online survey about the iPhone. I assumed all who purchased the phone got this.

I don't think that's the same thing. Many companies include those, or send them out. They are marginally useful.

But, receiving a phone call, where you can respond, hopefully, with more than a yes, no, or some number, would be helpful.
post #42 of 52
Quote:
I received an email from Apple for an online survey about the iPhone. I assumed all who purchased the phone got this.

If this were a general thing it would be posted on every Apple news website.

How soon after you bought the iPhone did you receive the email and what questions were they asking you?
post #43 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

If this were a general thing it would be posted on every Apple news website.

How soon after you bought the iPhone did you receive the email and what questions were they asking you?

I bought the phone on Saturday and I think the email came on Monday the following week, (not two days after).

It asked specific questions about the iPhone's features. It also asked what would I change, etc...
post #44 of 52
Seems odd to send a survey like that after only a week. You would have better feedback after using it for over a month.

But no I didn't receive an online survey.
post #45 of 52
I would love to see a bored Apple programmer place a Windows ini file on the iPhone. Oh what rumors would develop..
post #46 of 52
Quote:

Seems odd to send a survey like that after only a week. You would have better feedback after using it for over a month.

I am sure they did that too! Just not with the same random sample.

Quote:

Oh, stop pouting......
post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoec123 View Post

If you add the zip code before or after the business name, like Starbucks 94133, you're much more likely to get the business you want. If you don't know the zip, you can put in city state instead.

No, that doesn't work either for the example I gave above. It still offers me "Did you mean..." and the addresses in Indiana. My point is, this isn't fool prove. If they added a proper "business search" to the iPhone it would be a plus in my mind. Plus, I find Google's listings to be somewhat inaccurate and often out of date compared to say, Superpages.com.
post #48 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_lha View Post

If they added a proper "business search" to the iPhone it would be a plus in my mind. Plus, I find Google's listings to be somewhat inaccurate and often out of date compared to say, Superpages.com.

Given the versatility, ease, and convenience of the iPhone, I can live with limitations such as "somewhat" and "often."

My shopping habits for goods and services generally do not include -- and can do without -- fly-by-night joints whose customer presence is dependent on the world knowing their rapidly changing coordinates on a real-time basis. (In the event that it is a particular good or service that I do desperately need which I cannot find out by a simple phone call, I can also usually find alternatives -- e.g., a Dunkin Donuts instead of a Starbucks for my espresso).
post #49 of 52
Quote:
Oh, stop pouting......

I'm not, the fact I bought an iPhone and didn't return it is all the market research they will need from me.
post #50 of 52
Quote:

I just figured it was a typical initial quality survey. Perhaps they'll send another this week now that it's been a month...
post #51 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlphi View Post

After having my phone for about a month now, I've had some negatives about the phone.

Does anybody else find many of these widgets a "waste of space"? I think they all look very cool, BUT there are some apps that would come in more handy. Seeing the list of POSSIBLE new apps really bugged me because I think there are already enough apps that I don't use.

If you are going to clog my iphone with actual apps, make them useful or let me remove them or hide them.

I maybe could see the translation app being useful if you were visiting another country, but the iPhone will not work yet anywhere else.\
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
post #52 of 52
com.apple.unitconverter
com.apple.widget.phonebook
com.apple.widget.translation
com.apple.widget.worldclock
com.apple.mobile.radio

From names it is possible to assume, that the first of them represents the converter of various units of measurements, the second widget - address books variant, the third widget for translation of text, the fourth - World time.

The biggest attention atract the fifth widget - Mobile radio. Certainly, to receive FM-radio it would be quite good, but, most likely, it is about a support of Internet radio, which is present for a long time in iTunes.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Unsupported widgets, apps listed in iPhone firmware