or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › imac g4 screen

imac g4 screen

post #1 of 3
I just recently acquired an imac g4 to repair for myself. Its in totally working condition all except the screen. The screen is completely black upon boot so ive been using it through an external monitor by a vga adapter for now. Id like to say its the inverter that went out on the lcd but considering i cant even see a faint trace of the desktop when shining a bright light on the lcd monitor, i fear it might be a bigger problem...does anyone have any advice as to how i can troubleshoot the problem? thanks in advance
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by paper View Post

I just recently acquired an imac g4 to repair for myself. Its in totally working condition all except the screen. The screen is completely black upon boot so ive been using it through an external monitor by a vga adapter for now. Id like to say its the inverter that went out on the lcd but considering i cant even see a faint trace of the desktop when shining a bright light on the lcd monitor, i fear it might be a bigger problem...does anyone have any advice as to how i can troubleshoot the problem? thanks in advance

Are all of the internal connections intact?
Serving humanity one sarcastic comment at a time.
Serving humanity one sarcastic comment at a time.
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

Are all of the internal connections intact?

well i havnt taken it apart yet, i didnt really want to jump ahead of myself just yet...i think my main priority is to gain access to the imacs installer discs which i dont have...ill take it apart in a lil bit today to check all connections...then if all looks right then ill look for the boot discs online or somewhere.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › imac g4 screen