or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › New iMacs to shift investor focus back to Apple's Mac story

New iMacs to shift investor focus back to Apple's Mac story - Page 2

post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmail View Post

Well if you say so! I guess I'll just buy another 10,000 shares!!! Geeze if only I had read your post earlier!!!

Seriously, the market is at the tip-top right now, it's been slowly sliding the last few days, eventually there will be a recession. If I had to bet $5,000 I say the recession happens before Apple hits $200.

You, sir, are a seer!

Tim Cook is gay, believes in climate change, and cares deeply about racial equality. Deal with it (and please spare us if you can't).
Tim Cook is gay, believes in climate change, and cares deeply about racial equality. Deal with it (and please spare us if you can't).
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecking View Post

I think it's hovered around 2-3% worldwide and like 5% US.

And for all of you out there predicting $200 per share by the end of the year (which would give it a market value of $177 billion, 2/3 the value MSFT (you might have heard of them - tiny company whose software (profit margin: 100%) runs the OTHER 95% of the world's PCs)) a sentence about Apple's market share should be glued to your monitor to remind you of the fact that there is such a thing as too much to pay for ANY stock.
post #43 of 47
Exciting to see the news focus back on the Mac.
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by webmail View Post

Well if you say so! I guess I'll just buy another 10,000 shares!!! Geeze if only I had read your post earlier!!!

Seriously, the market is at the tip-top right now, it's been slowly sliding the last few days, eventually there will be a recession. If I had to bet $5,000 I say the recession happens before Apple hits $200.

Actually, my money would be on a stock split around $150 $180. Say a 3-for-2 or a 2-for-1.
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"A 13-inch MacBook Pro model featuring an ultra-portable, lightweight enclosure is also a possibility," he wrote.

Is he just giving an extra guess just in case..?

A small light weight notebook or tablet from Apple.. I would be all over it. Many other manufacturers has got decent lightweight PC's already, why is Apple lagging behind? I guess they're trying to do something spectacular.. Like the first useable touch-tablet or something like that. I'd be happy with just a "MacBook thin" though.
post #46 of 47
Im not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the threads on this new iMac yet, but am I the only one who has a problem with an aluminum iMac? The current white plastic for consumer and metal for pro machines is a very clean divide that works well, so unless this new iMac is introduced as a pro model, I really think it makes no sense at all for it to go against the style they have going here. It would seem like a very un-apple move to me..
post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx66 View Post

Im not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the threads on this new iMac yet, but am I the only one who has a problem with an aluminum iMac? The current white plastic for consumer and metal for pro machines is a very clean divide that works well, so unless this new iMac is introduced as a pro model, I really think it makes no sense at all for it to go against the style they have going here. It would seem like a very un-apple move to me..

Maybe the ACDs have looked odd next to the iMacs.

Vinea
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › New iMacs to shift investor focus back to Apple's Mac story