or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Will apple cover my macbook?

Will apple cover my macbook?

post #1 of 5
So i was just typing an email and I realized that the edge right where my right wrists (that really sharp part) is cracked and breaking off. Its only a real small piece, probably 2 inches long and 1/8th inch thick, but never the less it shouldn't have happened. I bought my macbook in NOV of 2006, and its black. Do you think they will cover this? The apple store knows me by name , mostly because I own Satin's MacBook. Any way i can ask them to exchange it for a lesser used white one? Logic Board has been replaced 3 times, HD 2 times, a stick of ram was bad, and the power button didnt work. Im really getting angry. Its not even a year old and has spent more then a month at the apple store after I bought it. Any advice?
Get a matte screen cover and quit whining...glossy displays rock.
post #2 of 5
Demand a new one. One or two broken parts is bad enough, but 8?!?!? Thats just ridiculous. I bet Ireland could give you some tips about complaining and being forceful about getting it replaced.
Serving humanity one sarcastic comment at a time.
Serving humanity one sarcastic comment at a time.
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

Demand a new one. One or two broken parts is bad enough, but 8?!?!? Thats just ridiculous. I bet Ireland could give you some tips about complaining and being forceful about getting it replaced.

I just want a white one, for some reason im convinced they are more problem free. Also, why would my laptop restart its self every time I close the lid, and its on. Im getting real sick of it restarting, and booting to windows, windows then crashes because the lids closed and the fan runs a 6200 rpm while in my bag, draing my battery quite fast. Any ideas?
post #4 of 5
Anyone?
post #5 of 5
call up apple and demand a new macbook.

stay calm on the phone and explain your story.
if the person says they can't do that, ask for his/her superior.

apple will exchange it same for same (a black macbook).
but trust me: we had more problems with the white macbooks
peve

and by the way...
no. english is not my native language.
peve

and by the way...
no. english is not my native language.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Will apple cover my macbook?