or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › I applied at a job for apple store
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I applied at a job for apple store

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
so i applied to be a mac specialist last week, went to talk to a manager today and he asked me all sorts of questions involving basic software how do i like macs as well as my past retail experience etc. soo i answered and i think he liked what i had to say since i LOVE apple haha and all its products and services, he told me to come back in a week to talk to him when they start hiring, anyone think i got a chance at an interview?
post #2 of 14
Unless he scheduled a second interview i'd say no. Sorry.
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
it wasnt an interview haha, i just went into to check in on my application, he asked all these questions just in the middle of the store, i was in between classes at school and he just asked me what i said up there, he told me to come back in a week to sit down with him and continue to see what we can do?
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaydan777 View Post

it wasnt an interview haha, i just went into to check in on my application, he asked all these questions just in the middle of the store, i was in between classes at school and he just asked me what i said up there, he told me to come back in a week to sit down with him and continue to see what we can do?

Well, so that would be a first interview coming up. Good luck!

Just talk about the "customer experience" and "making customers happy" and you'll do fine.
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
ya youre right, i mean ive been to plenty of job interviews and got the job so its all about saying everything that would be in a consumers favor haha
post #6 of 14
Good luck Keep plugging away, sometimes you may have to try different Apple Stores/ Resellers before one "clicks" ... I know I had too. Especially the authorized/premium resellers for iPods, Macs, very diverse employers.
post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
ok so i went back to the apple store for a small interview, a new hiring manager took me outside the store and once again asked me why apple and my past experience

he then said, 'ok i will need to have u come in for a second interview in a real office, i need to talk to all the managers about the hours and stuff this weeek and ill definitely give you a call back"

is this good?
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaydan777 View Post

ok so i went back to the apple store for a small interview, a new hiring manager took me outside the store and once again asked me why apple and my past experience

he then said, 'ok i will need to have u come in for a second interview in a real office, i need to talk to all the managers about the hours and stuff this weeek and ill definitely give you a call back"

is this good?

Sounds like it. Just hope they don't have a spelling and grammar test...
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Sounds like it. Just hope they don't have a spelling and grammar test...

I was thinking the same thing.

I'll assume that this person is at LEAST in high school... maybe even a high school graduate. It sure doesn't make me feel good about our public education system to see how articulate he is in print!
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
hey dont worry i dont write like this when i have to type papers

actually im an undergrad in pre-med, 2nd year with a 3.8gpa haha I actually wrote a paper on how people at my age (17-23) write with friends and non-important subjects vs how they would write formally...obviously this is unformal

i really hope i get the job tho haha would be nice
post #11 of 14
Must be very... uh... "unformal"

post #12 of 14


Where do you go to school?

The South Harmon Institute of Technology?
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
Reply
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
Reply
post #13 of 14
Good luck. Every second interview I've ever had was followed shortly by an offer. I don't know how booked the Apple Store job market is.
Cat: the other white meat
Reply
Cat: the other white meat
Reply
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Haha give me a break I've been typing on my iPhone the u and I are too close for comfort I ment informal..

Anyways ya I think I got the job I hope I can manage my time with school family and gf..well see


plus I'm kinda mad about the iPhone price drop at the moment
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › I applied at a job for apple store