or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › WPA2-PSK and MacBook Core Duo

WPA2-PSK and MacBook Core Duo

post #1 of 2
I was wondering if I can use the higher security WPA2-PSK on my MacBook Core Duo?

I know that the Core 2 Duo MacBooks can but I wasn't sure whether or not my wireless card allowed WPA2-PSK encryption to work normally.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGuy88 View Post

I was wondering if I can use the higher security WPA2-PSK on my MacBook Core Duo?

I know that the Core 2 Duo MacBooks can but I wasn't sure whether or not my wireless card allowed WPA2-PSK encryption to work normally.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Yes. It should work fine on your MBP. Make sure your router supports it. Most new ones do.

I turned on Wi-Fi Protected Access (in case someone reading this thread didn't know what it stood for) after I found out how easily WEP can be cracked.

Its not bad. Your connection speed does take a bigger hit than with WEP. I have some issue with my Mac dropping the wireless connection. But after 10.4.10 it seem to go away...

When I create a network between my Macbook and iMac, man, the connection is slow...

Dave
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › WPA2-PSK and MacBook Core Duo