or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Well, it's time: E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Well, it's time: E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES! - Page 6

post #201 of 287
OK, so I know I shouldn't be happy right now, with a miserable season guaranteed.

But I am stoked!

Eagles beat the Cowboys in Dallas.
The Packers won, so big D is in the hot seat for home field advantage...
And there were three interceptions on balls thrown to TO.
YES!
It is a good day!
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
--e.e.c.
post #202 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

OK, so I know I shouldn't be happy right now, with a miserable season guaranteed.

But I am stoked!

Eagles beat the Cowboys in Dallas.
The Packers won, so big D is in the hot seat for home field advantage...
And there were three interceptions on balls thrown to TO.
YES!
It is a good day!

Yes it was. Not sure it matters for the Eagles, but beating Dallas is always fun. How about Westbrook at the end? Talk about NOT showboating?!?! I couldn't believe he did that. It's got to be the smartest and most selfless play in the NFL this season, bar none.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #203 of 287
Brian Westbrook: The most hated player in fantasy football.
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #204 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Yes it was. Not sure it matters for the Eagles, but beating Dallas is always fun. How about Westbrook at the end? Talk about NOT showboating?!?! I couldn't believe he did that. It's got to be the smartest and most selfless play in the NFL this season, bar none.

Nice play by Westbrook. Ugly win, but still a win. Nice point by the announcers during the game that the Eagle's starting WR would be #3 or #4 on many other teams' rosters. Of course, we're paying them #1 money, go figure!

But most Eagles fans say it's all McNabb's fault!
(not that he's a perfect QB, but he's still better than 80% of the QBs in the leauge)

Quote:
The worst was at the end of the game. Westbrook was literally held down and prevented from getting to the line for the next play. This was a clear violation that happened right in front of the official.

They tried that with McNabb too, when he made the sneak by the goal line IMHO, but let him up just before it was long enough to be clearly a penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #205 of 287
Quote:

I know. Cut him!
post #206 of 287
Quote:

I know. Cut him!

I still won my playoff game (now I'm in the championship!), even with Westbrook stopping at the 1. My opponent was starting Tony Romo. Apparently Tony spent too much of the week staring at Jessica Simpson's weird face and fake tits.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #207 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

I still won my playoff game (now I'm in the championship!), even with Westbrook stopping at the 1. My opponent was starting Tony Romo. Apparently Tony spent too much of the week staring at Jessica Simpson's weird face and fake tits.

Still, I'd bang her.
post #208 of 287
We already had this discussion, Flounder...
post #209 of 287
We did?

Sure, I'd bang her too, but not if I was QB of the Dallas Cowboys. Romo needs to be smarter than to date a needy, attention starved, not even close to being as hot as she's made out to be, celebrity dumbo.
post #210 of 287
Quote:

We did?

Sure, I'd bang her too, but not if I was QB of the Dallas Cowboys. Romo needs to be smarter than to date a needy, attention starved, not even close to being as hot as she's made out to be, celebrity dumbo.

That depends on what he's getting in return.
post #211 of 287
Quote:

We did?

I don't understand what anyone sees in her. No talent. Slightly above average looks (be honest). No personality.

\
The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff
post #212 of 287
Quote:

That depends on what he's getting in return.

Touché. Maybe she's one of those that's willing to do ANYTHING.
post #213 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

I don't understand what anyone sees in her. No talent. Slightly above average looks (be honest). No personality.

\

You won't get any arguments from me.
post #214 of 287
Quote:

Touché. Maybe she's one of those that's willing to do ANYTHING.

She seems to be what we'd call in the Navy a 'Duty Slut' (or a 'Duty Whore' if they charge money!), the type of girl that ends up in a different barracks room every weekend, only she works the high dollar crowd.
The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff
post #215 of 287
Quote:

\

Dude...she's a lot better than "slightly above average."
post #216 of 287
Quote:

She seems to be what we'd call in the Navy a 'Duty Slut' (or a 'Duty Whore' if they charge money!), the type of girl that ends up in a different barracks room every weekend, only she works the high dollar crowd.

Show me pictures of your Duty Sluts and then we'll talk...
post #217 of 287
Quote:

Obviously looks are in the eye of the beholder, and she's certainly not ugly.
In my personal opinion, she fails for the following reasons:
(and I just did a Google image search to refresh my memory)

1) If it wasn't for the fake breasts, she'd have almost no curves. Rib and hip bones just don't turn me on.

2) Almost has a 'butterface'.
3) It's been a long while since I've dated, but I like my women to be able to hold up their end of a conversation. Not directly applicable to looks perhaps, but a strong factor for me.

Quote:

Show me pictures of your Duty Sluts and then we'll talk...

Heh, wish I could, I was married shortly after joining the Navy. (and still am) \

Despite the allegations (not entirely unfounded, unfortunately) of Navy women being 'ship shaped', I've met just as high a percentage of beautiful women in the military as civilian women.
The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff
post #218 of 287
Quote:

Obviously looks are in the eye of the beholder, and she's certainly not ugly.
In my personal opinion, she fails for the following reasons:
(and I just did a Google image search to refresh my memory)

1) If it wasn't for the fake breasts, she'd have almost no curves. Rib and hip bones just don't turn me on.

2) Almost has a 'butterface'.
3) It's been a long while since I've dated, but I like my women to be able to hold up their end of a conversation. Not directly applicable to looks perhaps, but a strong factor for me.

Heh, wish I could, I was married shortly after joining the Navy. (and still am) \

Despite the allegations (not entirely unfounded, unfortunately) of Navy women being 'ship shaped', I've met just as high a percentage of beautiful women in the military as civilian women.

That's one of her less flattering pictures.
post #219 of 287
Wow, what to say. As much as I dislike the Patriots for being the current 'fair weather fan' team and Bellichick, I have to tip my hat to the players and coaches. They had some close games this year but found a way to win. Some good luck also, and few key injuries of course.

Now the question is, will they choke in the playoffs? Unlikely, but other than Indianapolis, I don't see anyone that can beat them, at least on paper, unless they beat themselves.
The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff
post #220 of 287
I think Indy, Jacksonville, and Dallas would all have a shot at beating them. I would certainly favor the Patriots in all of those games though.
post #221 of 287
Quote:

I think Indy, Jacksonville, and Dallas would all have a shot at beating them. I would certainly favor the Patriots in all of those games though.

Dallas has been looking like shit lately. Indy has a shot, and I think GB might if they play their best after making it to the SB.
post #222 of 287
Quote:

...and I think GB might if they play their best after making it to the SB.

Only as long as Brett Favre takes off his helmet in the 1st quarter after scoring a touchdown...
post #223 of 287
Westbrook is amazing obviously.

But besides that....

Pats...Pats...Pats....
post #224 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Westbrook is amazing obviously.

But besides that....

Pats...Pats...Pats....

The question for the Eagles now is how far away are they? I can't decide. My instinct is that we keep McNabb and get him some help. The first priority though should be special teams. They need a serious punt returner who can perhaps double as a defensive player. After that they need a cornerback, defensive end and safety. Then there is the question of offensive positions. I'm inclined to think Celek is OK at TE (more than OK) and that LJ Smith can go bye-bye. The biggest need for them after that is a marquee wide receiver. Other than that the issues are still coaching ones (poor play calling, etc).

The total other direction would be to trade McNabb now when his value is still high (Chicago, Atlanta and Miami would probably kill for him). If you don't, you take a risk if he gets hurt next year. Kolb is a risk though, and I still think given the choice McNabb gives you a better chance next year than does Kolb.
post #225 of 287
I say, keep McNabb and try to get some help. Spend some money on the short term. We got to make hay while Westbrook is unstoppable--running backs decline quickly in this league.
--e.e.c.
--e.e.c.
post #226 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

I say, keep McNabb and try to get some help. Spend some money on the short term. We got to make hay while Westbrook is unstoppable--running backs decline quickly in this league.

I agree, go for a #1 WR, a DE and maybe a Safety to work on taking Dawkin's place. (he ain't getting any younger) Then make another shot next season, we were only a couple scores away from 11-5 or even 12-4 after all.
The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff
post #227 of 287
Quote:

There are a lot of people on AI who own estates in dreamland.

On topic: Skins sneak into the playoffs, thanks in part to the Eagles. The NFC East is so jerrymandered. . . it's fucking ridiculous. I look at the waste of resources that are the NFC West and South and think that their playoff berths deserve to be doled-out to more deserving teams from divisions that cater to real markets.
Cat: the other white meat
post #228 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

There are a lot of people on AI who own estates in dreamland.

On topic: Skins sneak into the playoffs, thanks in part to the Eagles. The NFC East is so jerrymandered. . . it's fucking ridiculous. I look at the waste of resources that are the NFC West and South and think that their playoff berths deserve to be doled-out to more deserving teams from divisions that cater to real markets.

Well, whatever. Not saying she's great, but better than slightly above average.

As for the NFC West, yeah...agreed. The Eagles beat the Redskins and Dallas, though they split each series. They also came damn close to beating the Patriots. They are certainly a better team than either the Redskins or Tampa, and in my opinion the Giants. The real fuck over would have been if Minnesota made it and the Eagles didn't, as they beat them convincingly if not overwhelmingly.
post #229 of 287
Good games today!

Watching the Cowboys lose is almost as good as a Niners win.
post #230 of 287
Quote:

Good games today!

Watching the Cowboys lose is almost as good as a Niners win.

Agreed. I think the Giants are going to get their asses handed to them next week though, as will the Chargers. Looks like it's going to be Brett "Country Bumpkin" Farve vs. Tom "Faggoty Hat" Brady. I may have to go out and buy a cheese hat.

I still can't believe the Chargers bear the Colts. The Colts played like shit in that game.
post #231 of 287
Quote:

Tom "------- Hat" Brady.

What the hell are you talking about?
post #232 of 287
He wears pageboy hats, Shawn...
post #233 of 287
Quote:

Exactly. I hate those effing things.
post #234 of 287
Well, as a GB fan, I'm obviously quite excited.

I really can't see NY coming to GB and getting a win.

Then again, I thought Dallas would win easily yesterday, so shows what I know.
post #235 of 287
It's really hard to beat a team three times in a season.

Plus, never count out the Giants' D-line. The singlehandidly won that game in the second half.
post #236 of 287
Quote:

I realize he wears gay hats. Doesn't seem to hurt 'em in the dating department.

"Faggoty" was pretty freaking ugly of SDW, however. And I hated Tom Brady in college too.
post #237 of 287
A lot of black folks call each other niggers. A lot of gay folks call each other fags. Really, it's time to get past the idea that one's choice of words is such a terrible thing. If he had said "Romo wears fruity hats," the meaning would not have been the same.

Back on topic, I think the Giants can win. They have a good pass defense. In fact, I think they are the only team in the league that would have a chance of beating the Patriots. I'm hoping for them to get past Green Bay just because I think they'll stand a better chance in the Superbowl. I would love to see the NFL's cleverly engineered ratings machine get beat.
post #238 of 287
Yeah, but SDW doesn't wear faggoty hats. Therefore, he's not allowed to call him "Faggoty Hat" Brady.
post #239 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

They have a good pass defense.

Not totally.

They have a good pass rush.

Their secondary, on the other hand, is pretty suspect. The rookie Ross has really progressed nicely during the year, and madison is smart enough to know how hide some of his physical shortcoming associated with aging.

Ross is hurt though (hopefully he can play), GB has a decent pass-blocking line, and Favre gets rid of the ball extremely quickly. While GB doesn't have an Owens, its overall receiving corps is better than Dallas.

If RW McQuarters is forced to start, the giants are severely boned.
post #240 of 287
Quote:

Not totally.

They have a good pass rush.

Their secondary, on the other hand, is pretty suspect. . . .

We'll certainly see, although a good pass rush is certainly a good thing to have against teams that pass a lot, like the Patriots and Packers. Regardless of who wins the NFC final, it will be a tough Superbowl, but I still maintain that the Giants have a better chance than the Packers of beating the Patriots, albeit a small chance to begin with.

Quote:

Yeah, but SDW doesn't wear faggoty hats. Therefore, he's not allowed to call him "Faggoty Hat" Brady.

Wha wha wha... Call the fucking whambulance. It's a double standard and very few people care anymore. Being called a "fag" is hardly the insult it once was.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Well, it's time: E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!