Originally Posted by iPoster
That was pretty funny.
As for the Eagles....ugh...
NO, absolutely NO game plan adjustments by Reid, AGAIN.
Westbrook is tearing up the 'Skins D? Throw 3 passes in a row every time you get inside the 20.
Another year without a single wide-out that scares the defense.
All opponents for the rest of the year are going to follow the Skins blueprint and man 2 man with bump on the WR/TE, and put 7 in the box to contain Westbrook. There will be absolutely nothing the Eagles will be able to do about it, since Reid has used the same game plan for the last 8 seasons.
Shameful, just shameful.
Too soon to start a petition for Reid's dismissal?
Obviously I have been critical of him and called for him to go before. It's a very tough call. We've been to the NFC Championship game 4 years in a row, going to the Super Bowl once. We've been in the playoffs consistently.
That said, my problem with Reid has been three-fold:
1. He doesn't emotionally/mentally prepare and motivate the team. They often come out flat. Only the team seems to be able to turn itself
around. In that same vein, we often notice a lack of urgency because Reid doesn't DEMAND it.
2. He makes poor, amateurish coaching decisions and mistakes at times...or at least lets them happen.
3. He doesn't show loyalty consistently. Take McNabb vs. Trotter. Trotter slows down a bit and he gets the boot despite being a morale leader. McNabb, Mr. Captain of the Ship (TM) makes rookie mistakes, but unquestionably stays on board (not that he should go...I'm just saying).
As for the loss and the team this year:
1. McNabb is not throwing well. His running is improving, but he's still not confident.
2. The defense has been soft. Missed tackles, lack of big plays, etc.
3. The offense has been soft. Where is that explosiveness we had? Consistency was always a problem, but now the big plays seen to be gone too.
4. Kickoff and return teams are a joke.
5. McNabb, with Reid, has created too much of a laid back atmosphere and thinks too much about his team and not enough about his own play. He's always talking about he needs to get the team back to such and such a point and how he is going to lead. Dude, just shut up and play. You'd play better and more success. And let's fact it Donny...you're not the head coach. Your job is to execute, which you are not doing. Lead more by example.
Also, I don't see any goal setting. One thing the oft criticized T.O. brought was that sentiment that "We won't be happy until we win the Super Bowl." I don't want to hear how "this is super bowl team" and "well it's a long season and were gonna go make some plays <insert dumb grin> and maybe this, maybe that...blah, blah. Set the goal and work like bitches until you reach it. I don't want to hear about how much "fun" football is. You all need to have your asses kicked a bit since my $200 tickets are paying your gazillion dollar salaries. Fuckers. Win or go home.