or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Well, it's time: E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Well, it's time: E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES! - Page 3

post #81 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Uh, the Lions were 2-0 and are NOT the team they were in the last....uh, 20 years. They are a decent team. Fine, they're not the Patriots. But they're decent. It was a quality win.

I give Detroit 6 wins, tops. Really, their defense is truly awful. Some talent on the defensive line, but pretty awful otherwise, especially the secondary. A fine win for the Eagles, regardless. McNabb was hitting receivers perfectly in stride. I still expect them to win the NFC East.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #82 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake View Post

Yeah, they beat the Raiders and the Vikings - both crap teams.

Detroit's defense is ranked at the bottom of the league:

Look, a win is a win in my book, no matter how ugly.
Today, the Eagles shined. I'm just saying that this was not a true test of who the Eagles are.
This one was easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

I give Detroit 6 wins, tops. Really, their defense is truly awful. Some talent on the defensive line, but pretty awful otherwise, especially the secondary. A fine win for the Eagles, regardless. McNabb was hitting receivers perfectly in stride. I still expect to win the NFC East.

Well, fair enough guys. I think Detroit is probably better than 6 wins. I agree their defense is bad, but 56 points bad? Anyway...

I do think this secures McNabb's job....that and the fact that Kolb was a bag of shit on the few plays he was in there. He's got to feel good. Hopefully he's got is confidence back...it seems like it.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #83 of 287
My wife's opinion is that the Lions were to busy laughing at the Eagle's throwbacks to play right!
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #84 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPoster View Post

My wife's opinion is that the Lions were to busy laughing at the Eagle's throwbacks to play right!

There might be something there, though the other way around. I think it's possible that the Eagles could see each other better (mainly, McNabb) because they didn't blend into the field anymore. Thoughts?
post #85 of 287
Thoughts? Green hasn't effected them negatively for decades, but if we want to use that to explain their poor start... :-P
post #86 of 287
Kevin Curtis.

Greatest. Receiver. Ever.
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #87 of 287
So what's the latest on Westbrook's status for tonight SDW?

Inquiring fantasy football minds want to know!
post #88 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

So what's the latest on Westbrook's status for tonight SDW?

Inquiring fantasy football minds want to know!

Looks like he's still a game time "questionable" decision. My money is on him playing. They have a bye week next week, and it's the Giants. A win would be big for them.

Eagles 24, Giants 14.
post #89 of 287
Westbrook playing would be a definite plus, but I wouldn't mind getting so see what Tony Hunt can do with the rock. (Hopefully good things!! )
The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff
post #90 of 287
Utterly embarrassing! Has Andy Reid ever heard of making adjustments? Never mind all the Pro Bowlers hurt, Reid lost this game all by himself, by not giving Justice any help, ALL GAME LONG.

FYI Any, if your LT is getting raped by the defense, YOU PUT A TE OR RB ON THAT SIDE TO HELP OUT!

EVEN HIGH SCHOOL COACHES KNOW THIS!

Good effort by the Eagles' defense, Buckhalter and McNabb played OK, WHEN HE HAD TIME TO THROW!

The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff
post #91 of 287
Quote:

Anyway, a lot of commentators are picking the Eagles to go to the dance this year. On paper I have to agree. No one in the NFC is as complete as they are.

Funny how things change once the season starts.
post #92 of 287
Quote:

True, true. Though I didn't seriously expect the SB from the Eagles this year. He was talking about on paper, they don't include inept coaching staffs on paper rankings.

BTW, those lowly Lions put up 37 on the Bears' defense today.

Not that it matters much after Winston Justice got assploded by the Giants tonight...
The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff
post #93 of 287
The Eagles are an embarrassment.

Sincerely

The Chargers
"some catch on faster than others"
"some catch on faster than others"
post #94 of 287
Quote:

Quote:

Utterly embarrassing! Has Andy Reid ever heard of making adjustments? Never mind all the Pro Bowlers hurt, Reid lost this game all by himself, by not giving Justice any help, ALL GAME LONG.

FYI Any, if your LT is getting raped by the defense, YOU PUT A TE OR RB ON THAT SIDE TO HELP OUT!

EVEN HIGH SCHOOL COACHES KNOW THIS!

Good effort by the Eagles' defense, Buckhalter and McNabb played OK, WHEN HE HAD TIME TO THROW!

Quote:

True, true. Though I didn't seriously expect the SB from the Eagles this year. He was talking about on paper, they don't include inept coaching staffs on paper rankings.

BTW, those lowly Lions put up 37 on the Bears' defense today.

Not that it matters much after Winston Justice got assploded by the Giants tonight...

Well, it was an anal shanking, that's true. The line was truly pathetic. Justice got bitch slapped all night, and Reid did nothing to fix it. They refuses to use the weapons they have, Tony Hunt and Buck, both of who in tandem could at least compensate for Westbrook being out, even if they couldn't replace him.

As you guys know, I get very critical of McNabb, but in this case, it's not his fault. He had nowhere to go. Even the old McNabb couldn't have escaped a lot of those situations.

At this point my feeling is it's time for Andy to go. The list of mistakes and ineptness has just grown too long. We've had:

1. Embarrassing Linc Field Opener in 2003, Eagles unprepared, flat emotionally. Andy Reid takes responsibility, and rightly so.

2. Losing three straight NFC championships, much of it due to poor game planning.

3. Poor managerial decisions such as going hell bent on Jeremy Bloom despite nearly unanimous condemnation of the decsision.

4. Clock management in the Super Bowl.

5. No ability to make adjustments mid-game, as demonstrated last night.

6. Failure to motivate the team in general. My perception is that if the team is fired up, it's the players that cause it to be so. Andy Reid needs to show some emotion...tee off on the guy that made an amateur mistake, get visibly excited about a great play, etc.

7. Failure to explain decisions adequately in press conferences. "Well be fine there" and "we have things to work on" are not acceptable answers, Andy.

Don't get me wrong, again. I like the guy. He's done a lot for the team and for the City. He's a genuinely nice person, and has a great knowledge of the game. But things like this drive me crazy:

Quote:
Reid said that to change course now would send the wrong message.

"It is what it is. You take it. We all knew (the bye) was going to be here," he said. "You hope your record's better, but it's not. You get yourself right and turn it around."

I understand that thinking, but where is the recognition that this is NOT acceptable, and that you WILL fix it and come out and kick ass after the bye? I don't want "ho-hum" we'll be OK and we're not really happy but we'll be fine there." That's not the "Philly guy" thing to say.
post #95 of 287
Heard a rumor on the NFL network today that Andy Reid is considering taking a 'hiatus from coaching for personal/family reasons'. Just an unconfirmed rumor, but my wife came in to see what I was shouting in glee about.
The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff
post #96 of 287
Quote:

Heard a rumor on the NFL network today that Andy Reid is considering taking a 'hiatus from coaching for personal/family reasons'. Just an unconfirmed rumor, but my wife came in to see what I was shouting in glee about.

That would be surprising. But who replaces him?
post #97 of 287
Quote:

That would be surprising. But who replaces him?

Morningwheg (sp?) for the rest of the season, after that...???

Bill Cowher?
The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff
post #98 of 287
Quote:

Morningwheg (sp?) for the rest of the season, after that...???

Bill Cowher?

Well the rumor has been denied. Maybe Donovan can be the coach. He thinks he is already.
post #99 of 287
GO BEARS.
BEARS WIN 19-16
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. Thomas Jefferson
post #100 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo View Post

GO BEARS.
BEARS WIN 19-16

I honestly cannot believe what I just witnessed. The Eagles led the entire game. They didn't let the Bears into the end zone the whole game. They moved the ball at will, despite having some trouble in the red zone again.

Then they allowed the Bears to march 97 yards in 11 plays and 1:49 to score a touchdown. Oh, and they didn't even try the Hail Mary at the end.

The loss was pathetic and unacceptable. Fucking pathetic.
post #101 of 287
Quote:

I honestly cannot believe what I just witnessed. The Eagles led the entire game. They didn't let the Bears into the end zone the whole game. They moved the ball at will, despite having some trouble in the red zone again.

Then they allowed the Bears to march 97 yards in 11 plays and 1:49 to score a touchdown. Oh, and they didn't even try the Hail Mary at the end.

I couldn't believe it either. I thought sure the Bears were going to lose another one.
post #102 of 287
Quote:

Thank god I was drunk by the end. I was in a bar surrounded my Giants fans... You can imagine the horror!
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
--e.e.c.
post #103 of 287
Quote:

Truth. I fortunately didn't get to see the game, but they are rubbing salt in the wound by showing it on NFL Replay this week!

On a different subject, has any QB in NFL history had a season like Tom Brady is having? It's like the Pats are playing against high school teams out there.

Tom Brady's current QB Rating: 128.9

Current NFL Record - Peyton Manning, 2004 - 121.1
The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff
post #104 of 287
Quote:

Truth. I fortunately didn't get to see the game, but they are rubbing salt in the wound by showing it on NFL Replay this week!

On a different subject, has any QB in NFL history had a season like Tom Brady is having? It's like the Pats are playing against high school teams out there.

Tom Brady's current QB Rating: 128.9

Current NFL Record - Peyton Manning, 2004 - 121.1

I am at a loss concerning the Eagles. There is just no excuse for what happened. All they needed to do was make a stop or two. Instead, they thought they could run the clock. They allowed the Bears to control the pace. They should have called time out to stop their momentum.

As for NE, they are scary good. Brady is playing like Joe Montana...probably better. One wonders if they really can go undefeated. Oh, and I hate them. Gotta make sure I mention that.
post #105 of 287
Quote:

Oh, and I hate them. Gotta make sure I mention that.

That goes without saying, naturally!
The Story of Stuff
The Story of Stuff
post #106 of 287
Go NE! Tom Brady was rated 158.3 (perfect) against the 'fins.

Can't wait to see NE play the Dolts. This will be an awesome game.
post #107 of 287
Someone explain the Giants/Eagles rivalry please...

It can't just be geographical location.
post #108 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

I think it might be. Of course, my personal reasons are that Eli is a fag and Shockey is a douche bag.

But I digress. So let's talk about Sunday. It was a fairly decent win. That said, I was really concerned with the number of penalties. FOUR offsides penalties? That's got to be a some kind of record. One might see an off sides penalty once every three games or so per team....but four in a game? There were others too.

I thought McNabb looked better except for a few throws. He's definitely getting more mobile each week. They came back nicely from the 7-0 deficit too. Also, I liked that they called time out at the end of the game to regroup on offense even though they were fighting the clock. It allowed them to at least make sure they had the right package in there.

I'm going to the Dallas game next week. That is a huge game. If they can win, the season may just be getting started. If they lose, it's pretty much over!
post #109 of 287
Quote:

I think it might be. Of course, my personal reasons are that Eli is a fag and Shockey is a douche bag.

I totally agree you regarding those two clowns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001

I'm going to the Dallas game next week. That is a huge game. If they can win, the season may just be getting started. If they lose, it's pretty much over!

It should be a really good game.
This will be one of those games that I'll have to lock the door, tell my friends to find someone else with NFL Sunday Ticket and turn off the phone. No interruptions allowed!

If my Cowboys implode against the Eagles, I want to be free to yell, scream, sulk and throw things at the TV free from idiots who don't understand my passion for this wonderful game.
post #110 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBG4 Dude View Post

Can't wait to see NE play the Dolts. This will be an awesome game.

It's gonna be better than the Super Bowl!
post #111 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

It's gonna be better than the Super Bowl!

I will pay real $ to see Brady and Bellicheat lose. And I hope the Colts first knock Brady out the game (some sort of not too severe head injury...but enough to have him not be able to wear that faggoty hat of his for a while), then run up the score.

Please.
post #112 of 287
Well, I'm going Sunday. I will be there at like 10 a.m. for the night game. Any chance the Eagles win? I don't know. I hope so. I think it's possible, but thet cannt make the kind of mistakes they have made before. We'll see. In the meantime I plan to be well lubricated, so I won't care.
post #113 of 287
Quote:

Well, I'm going Sunday. I will be there at like 10 a.m. for the night game. Any chance the Eagles win? I don't know. I hope so. I think it's possible, but thet cannt make the kind of mistakes they have made before. We'll see. In the meantime I plan to be well lubricated, so I won't care.

SDW, Now is not the time for doubt! We will crush the Cowboys (like we always do in Philly).

Actually, I do hold out hope for this game even when I am sober. Not because I have seen signs of greatness in the Eagles play, but because we just seem due for a great, Dallas-crushing surprise performance.

I would be there with you in a heartbeat if I could--have a great game!
--e.e.c.
--e.e.c.
post #114 of 287
Quote:

Here is my take on it:
Location is a big factor. Especially with the NJ fans. When the dividing line falls between state lines things are simpler than when you have a mixed state. There is a fuzzy dividing line that meanders west southwest from Central Jersey where loyalties are divided--people get 2 local FOX stations (NY and Philly) so both teams games are always on. Sure there are some Jets fans here and there, but they don't affect much (not unlike the Jets themselves).

Also, they are in the same division. They see each-other at least twice a year.

There have been some great runs-giants winning six in a row then philly winning 8 in a row.

Then there is the fact that both teams have been good at the same time much of the time. This is the principle difference between this rivalry and the Phillies/Mets so-called rivalry which shares many of the same geographical and divisional interests. Until this season the Phillies and the Mets only had winning seasons together in the same year something like 3 years. The Phillies can take most of the blame for that--hard for the Mets fans to get excited about beating a punching bag! Now, maybe this year's comeback/collapse will get things stirred up...

Anyway, that said, while I love singing "Fly Eagles Fly" in the faces of the hordes of Giants fans at my local establishment--it is the Cowgirls I really hate. That is why I am so pumped up right now...
--e.e.c.
--e.e.c.
post #115 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

It is the Cowgirls I really hate. That is why I am so pumped up right now...

Niner fan here. I know all about hating the Cowboys...
post #116 of 287
Quote:

Niner fan here. I know all about hating the Cowboys...

Yeah. And that is the problem with hating the Cowboys--There is a long list of teams with a legitimate reason to despise them. Heck, just the name "America's Team" would do it for me...
--e.e.c.
--e.e.c.
post #117 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

Yeah. And that is the problem with hating the Cowboys--There is a long list of teams with a legitimate reason to despise them. Heck, just the name "America's Team" would do it for me...

I like the niners too. I still think the Eagles hate them WAY more. It is like the Super Bowl when they come here, no matter how much we suck. Last year they were burning T.O. in effigy. It was funny because before the game (I didn't go), I thought "what is the most ridiculous thing they could do...like something that would never, ever happen." The answer? "They could burn T.O. in effigy." Lo and behold, I turn on the TV and the news is on, covering the tailgate. And sumbitch....I see a straw man T.O. on a stick, going up in flames. Jesus.
post #118 of 287
So far so good!
McNabb isn't throwing too well (except into the ground) and the Cowboys Offensive line is doing its job and giving Romo lots of time.

Second half is make or break for the Eagles.
They could easily lose to New England, Washington, New York (Giants) and New Orleans in the coming weeks.

I hope SDW is drinking heavily at the game.
post #119 of 287

Spank!
post #120 of 287
I wonder what Buddy Ryan is doing these days...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Well, it's time: E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!