or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Labor day road trip?

Labor day road trip?

post #1 of 10
Any of you AI'rs going on a Labor day road trip?

Me and the wife and kid are going down to San Marcos to do some shopping but we will stay in Austin. We are doing our part to support the economy despite the doom and gloom reported on CNBC these days. We tend to find some deals each time we go to San Marcos. I have done well at the Pottery Barn Outlet purchasing a duvet cover for $14 that was retail priced at $168. We may do some shopping for the little boy who is now 7 months old. Prime outlets San Marcos is a huge and vast strip of non stop shopping American style. Not my thing normally but we usually go once a year to stock up.

" San Marcos was recently ranked the 3rd Best Place to Shop in the world as seen on ABC's "The View". It is a true shoppers haven with over 130 luxury and brand names such as: Neiman Marcus Last Call Clearance Center, Giorgio Armani General Store, Lacoste, kate spade, Salvatore Ferragamo, Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store, Coach, Crate and Barrel Outlet, Pottery Barn Outlet, Restoration Hardware, Off 5th Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet, Tahari, St. John Company Store, Michael Kors, bebe O, Tommy Bahama, Hanro, and many, many more! The center features architecture designed after the Piazza San Marco in Venice, Italy."

http://www.primeoutlets.com/cntrdefault.asp?cntrid=1042

What are your Labor day plans?

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34

post #2 of 10
Camping, camping, oh and more camping.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Camping, camping, oh and more camping.

Nick

I heard that.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #4 of 10
Catching up on some reading and getting some sun.
post #5 of 10
95% of your DNA is junk.... or is it?
95% of your DNA is junk.... or is it?
post #6 of 10
laboring
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #7 of 10
Sleep and Homework.
Serving humanity one sarcastic comment at a time.
Serving humanity one sarcastic comment at a time.
post #8 of 10
I spent a $160 at "Macy's" (FKA Fields). I gotta a nice Dolce & Gabbana tie on sale. Some shirts. I like to keep my stock of work shirts around 20 but when Fields became Macy's they no longer have my size. Fucking bastards.

I did a good amount of yard work. Put a some baby and kid videos on you tube. Grilled out every day. No trips.
post #9 of 10
BTW Fellowship if you don't have a sling for your baby I'd recommend one. Your boy/girl may be too old to go into one now. Get one for the next one. The sling is magic. It makes babies sleep and stay asleep. All without drugging them
post #10 of 10
Well we had a nice time and found some good deals on clothing. My favorite purchase was that of a Le Creuset 4.5 qt round "flame" (their signature color) colored "french oven" or dutch oven as some call it. I have already braised beef in it and the meal was just wonderful.

Some of the things one can cook in this french oven:

http://bostonchef.blogspot.com/2007/...with-root.html

http://www.elise.com/recipes/archive...7pot_roast.php

And a great book for those who love to braise:

http://www.amazon.com/All-About-Brai.../dp/0393052303

Fellows

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Labor day road trip?