or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AppTap

AppTap

post #1 of 3
Anyone using this?

AppTap: http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/

I installed it last night and was really impressed. The apps are pretty simple and early stage at this point, but it's very cool to see native third party apps on my home screen. Mobile Twitterific I'm actually using. They just need to figure out how to make the Springboard scroll and allow for custom icon ordering. I think iFuntastic can do the ordering but I haven't tried that.

Anyone else?
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by abilstein View Post

Anyone using this?

AppTap: http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/

I installed it last night and was really impressed. The apps are pretty simple and early stage at this point, but it's very cool to see native third party apps on my home screen. Mobile Twitterific I'm actually using. They just need to figure out how to make the Springboard scroll and allow for custom icon ordering. I think iFuntastic can do the ordering but I haven't tried that.

Anyone else?

You can install rSBT from AppTapp Installer, and that allows you to rearrange and customize your home screen a bit. To access other apps that aren't there, you can install Launcher or Dock (v1.0 was better than the current one, because it let you scroll on the home screen. The new version, 2.0, is annoying and doesn't work well)
post #3 of 3
Thanks for the tip. I was using Launcher but didn't know about rSBT - that did the trick for arranging my icons.

I tried Dock 2.0 and did not like the interaction at all. I saw the video of 1.0 in action and that looked better to me, but Launcher is fine for now until they can scroll the Springboard. I do think that Launcher should mirror the grid look of the Springboard though, instead of a scrolling list. I wonder if that's a current limitation or a design decision.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › AppTap