or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › DVD Stuck in 20" iMac C2D

DVD Stuck in 20" iMac C2D

post #1 of 8
I have a DVD stuck in my 20" iMac (6mos old). It attempts to automatically eject about once a minute. How can I get it out? Would this involve taking the machine apart? Other? If so, got a tutorial? Where's that ole paperclip hole?

Thanks
post #2 of 8
boot while holding the mouse button down. That should work, if not, you may have to take it apart. Or if you're lucky, you can use a razor blade with a slightly bent tip to slide in there and try and pull it out if the mouse doesn't work. (should be used as last resort before disassembling)
Serving humanity one sarcastic comment at a time.
post #3 of 8
Tried numerous times, thx but no luck. How do I pull this apart?
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek1 View Post

No clue. You might want to go to an authorized apple repair center if there is one in your vicinity.
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek1 View Post

Yeah, don't even try to take that thing apart. Even technicians hate repairing the iSight-equipped iMacs. Nevertheless, take it in to them. If it's under warranty, they oughtta get you a new optical drive, to make sure.
Apple Product Professional
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
Apple Product Professional
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
post #6 of 8
can't you use the paper clip along the side to release it like my g3 slot loader. i've done that several times, also go to apple support
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #7 of 8
NOFEER,
There's no visible hole the way it's designed.

There's also some sort of safety device that when a disk is inserted it comes across and blocks any further access. I guess that this would stop anyone from attempting to insert a second disk by mistake.

The machine is still under warranty, yet I know that they'll have to send it off, which means backing everything up, which I dread. I made an appt with a "Genius" for tomorrow to find out either way.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Derek
post #8 of 8
it's a not a physical "hole" check out apple support maybe they can show you, if you were to look at the slot on end, it would be a tiny pinswitch at the far right corner behind the felt. if you guided your paperclip along the edge of the plastic straight in you may feel it, that is the way on my ibok g4 and my g3 unless the new slot load doensn't have this feature. it's only about 1/4 inch in from the felt. it might work.

from apple support
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58566

from this the entry site is different from my ibook and g3 look at the picture details.
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › DVD Stuck in 20" iMac C2D