or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple introduces new iPod nano "phatty" with video and games
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple introduces new iPod nano "phatty" with video and games - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

Ok, ok, dude...I'll admit I over-reacted as long as you do the same. The photos look fugly. I didn't initially realize how much shorter the new nano is, which makes the proportions all the more wrong, from an aesthetic stand point (it looks like an old style blackberry). And it's not so much the extra width as it is the reason for the extra width. They are bloating it with features (video) that 99% of users will never use. (A poster on another forum said Apple is getting more and more like MS all the time.)

I still think, relative to overall iPod sales, nano sales will decline. There is now a gap in the lineup between the shuffle and the new nano. And it's my opinion that the sweet-spot is in the middle of that gap, formally occupied by the 2nd gen nano.

I over reacted too.

And I think you're wrong, this will be very popular and lots of people that didn't dabble in video will now.

Like someone else said in this thread the entry point for video just lowered a hundred bucks.

Wu agrees....not that that means anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Reply
post #42 of 44
I'm playing my new 3G iPod nano (8 GB) as I type this. (I had seriously considered getting an iPod Classic but that thing hogs too much space in my pants pocket.)

It's actually a neat little player with lots of new features compared to my now-retired 2G nano (I traded it in on my new player). Contrary to what everyone originally thought, the player is actually quite holdable in your hand, compensating for its increased width with a lower height. Now, I hope the likes of Belkin, DLO and Speck better have their cases out soon, because the case does smudge rather easily (though easily cleaned with a dry soft cloth).

However, be aware that you do have to change the way you run iTunes when it comes to copying files to your iPod. You have to manually set up the playlists in the playlist section and let iTunes setup the playlists and copy the files to the player.
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecking View Post

Buddy, please put the crack pipe down.
The old Nano was 6.5 mm x 40 mm x 90 mm.
The new Nano is 6.5 mm x 52.3 mm x 69.8 mm.

Volumes (using your data):

old = 23,400 cubic millimeters
new = 23,729 cubic millimeters

That comes to a whopping 1.4% increase in size. For video. For a larger screen. For less money. For games.

His Steveness said that owners provided feedback saying they wanted video. I know I have requested it many times.

These are going to sell like hot-cakes.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Volumes (using your data):

old = 23,400 cubic millimeters
new = 23,729 cubic millimeters

That comes to a whopping 1.4% increase in size. For video. For a larger screen. For less money. For games.

His Steveness said that owners provided feedback saying they wanted video. I know I have requested it many times.

These are going to sell like hot-cakes.

WORD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Reply
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleinsider vBulletin Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Three personal attacks in one post. Congratulations.
Date the ban will be lifted:...
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple introduces new iPod nano "phatty" with video and games