or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple sells one millionth iPhone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple sells one millionth iPhone - Page 5

post #161 of 166
My reference point is a direct quote from apple, which you can hear for yourself if you take a minute to listen.

Your reference point is a paraphrase from a newspaper (it's not a direct quote from an apple person, is it?). The media isn't always right.

Sorry, but I'm trusting info directly from apple on this.
post #162 of 166
AI repeated my post.
post #163 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

My reference point is a direct quote from apple, which you can hear for yourself if you take a minute to listen.

Your reference point is a paraphrase from a newspaper (it's not a direct quote from an apple person, is it?). The media isn't always right.

Sorry, but I'm trusting info directly from apple on this.

I had seen that interview back when it was made. It was quoted widely. I don't know where it is now, as the page I saved shows a 404 error.
post #164 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I had seen that interview back when it was made. It was quoted widely. I don't know where it is now, as the page I saved shows a 404 error.

So you think a statement in ONE interview must be right, while a statement consistently made at the product introduction (including on a slide!) and repeated now at this conference call is wrong? You don't think apple would have realized a mistake made at the product introduction, and made sure to get that info right on a conference call, when they guys answering have big piles of info in front of them to refer to? That's incredibly farfetched, especially when there's no quote to be found from anyone at apple backing up the 10 million by the end of 2008 claim.
post #165 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

So you think a statement in ONE interview must be right, while a statement consistently made at the product introduction (including on a slide!) and repeated now at this conference call is wrong? You don't think apple would have realized a mistake made at the product introduction, and made sure to get that info right on a conference call, when they guys answering have big piles of info in front of them to refer to? That's incredibly farfetched, especially when there's no quote to be found from anyone at apple backing up the 10 million by the end of 2008 claim.

Yes. I think that a statement from Jobs made in an interview in response to a question is more indicitive of what the thinking was. It was quoted widely, as I've said, but it was months ago. do you have every interview that Jobs gives? I don't. But, I've seen this back then, and I'm going by it. I really have no reason to make it up.

This isn't really the burning issue you think it is.
post #166 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Yes. I think that a statement from Jobs made in an interview in response to a question is more indicitive of what the thinking was. It was quoted widely, as I've said, but it was months ago. do you have every interview that Jobs gives? I don't. But, I've seen this back then, and I'm going by it. I really have no reason to make it up.

This isn't really the burning issue you think it is.

Why are you arguing this point?
- it was in the launch presentation, and it was re-confirmed in the conf call yesterday
- they are confident of shipping 10M iPhones in CY08.

- the only references I have seen to 'by the end of 2008' have been either mis-quotes or mis-interpretations of what was said.

- and even if SJ did say it in an interview (reference?), his CFO re-stated the 'in CY08' target in the conf call yesterday
- not that it's a burning issue either way, I just don't see why anyone can argue the point

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple sells one millionth iPhone