or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › The Rant Thread!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Rant Thread!!

post #1 of 106
Thread Starter 
OK folks. One rant per post. Nothing political (that goes in PO). I'll begin:

"PENULTIMATE" DOES NOT MEAN "REALLY, REALLY ULTIMATE"!!! GAH!!! IT MEANS "NEXT TO LAST"!!!!

See?

Rant away.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #2 of 106
Use your cruise-control!


*Today I was driving home on 22 (which between State College and Harrisburg is absolutely gorgeous) when a late-model top of the line Honda Civic was in the passing lane alternately speeding up and slowing down because the driver wasn't using the cruise control. This is very annoying. If you don't have a steady foot on the throttle, then use your cruise control! (There's especially no excuse when you're driving that Civic model, which has an instantly responsive cruise control compared to the more sluggish, less responsive older models. And of course there's no excuse if you have adaptive cruise control either).
post #3 of 106
I bought a Penultimate by Bic. I've only bought one more pen since.

My rant: Begs the question.

Doesn't mean "raises the question" or "makes you think of the question." It means circular reasoning, it means your proof just begged or restated the conclusion.
post #4 of 106
"Bias" is not a freaking adjective or verb! It is a noun!

When you say "That is really bias of you", an angel's head assplodes!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #5 of 106
"Here, here!"

It's "Hear! Hear!" you morans, as in "Hear what he has to say! Hear!"
post #6 of 106
Dear Television,

Please stop putting every larger, noisier and more frenetic promos for your other shows on top of the shows you are showing now.

And do you have someone whose actual job is to figure out where the emotional payoff point is in any given show, so that you can be sure, at that point, to have little people run out across the bottom of the screen and do jumping jacks and blow shit up and making hooting noises, just as the shattering truth is revealed?

You are stupid, stupid, venal, asshatted, stupid motherfuckers, and you surely deserve to have your empires reduced to smoldering ruins.

Regards,

Addabox
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #7 of 106
I do not like people who loudly smack their flip-flops.

Those who do should be beaten with said flip-flops.
post #8 of 106
Dear Apple Insider Discussion Board,

Please allow me to edit my above post, changing "every" to "every", and stop telling me that my message is too short and must be at least 5 characters long.

MY MESSAGE IS MUCH MORE THAN 5 CHARACTERS, YOU BASTARD!!!

What, does my edit have to be at least 5 characters?

And don't think I've forgotten about how you ruptured the space/time continuum and let people reply to posts before they had been made!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #9 of 106
All of you stupid stupid insipidly stupid talking/bobble head talk show/latenight show people who have been talking about about vacuous people (generally good-looking young tarts) who do nothing worthwhile, contribute nothing worthwhile [barring muff shots for young teens], ya da ya da,

Yet you talk about them on your shows, and now to add insult to injury, you now talk about how worthless these people are, and have finally started saying that you serve no purpose in talking about them, yet you continue to do it.

For fucking Gods sake you are now talking about not talking about people who do not deserve to be talked about, or even mentioned in sane company.

Will you now start talking about not talking about not talking about these people. Can you see the damned DOUBLE NEGATIVE in the sentences you speak??? Or will you now start talking about NOT talking about NOT talking about NOT talking about talking about these god-damned people.

Will you fucking PLEASE start a segment on your tv show thats says WE WILL NOT TALK ABOUT VACUOUS BITCHES! and let it go with that??????????????????????

Since my brain did not explode I must feel better.

Paz
What we obtain too cheap, we esteem to lightly...it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. Thomas Paine
Reply
What we obtain too cheap, we esteem to lightly...it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. Thomas Paine
Reply
post #10 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

"Here, here!"

It's "Hear! Hear!" you morans, as in "Hear what he has to say! Hear!"

It's morons, you moran. I mean moron.

What bugs me is when people leave stuff behind that is totally unwelcome. When I go for some butter or margarine, I don't want to have some of what the last person ate too. When I go for a shower, I don't want someone else's pubic hair floating across my body. When I go to the toilet, I don't want someone's leftover business to greet me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufusswan

All of you stupid stupid insipidly stupid talking/bobble head talk show/latenight show people who have been talking about about vacuous people (generally good-looking young tarts) who do nothing worthwhile, contribute nothing worthwhile [barring muff shots for young teens]...

Yeah that one's pretty high on my list too.
post #11 of 106
Such trivial things rile the left.
"some catch on faster than others"
Reply
"some catch on faster than others"
Reply
post #12 of 106
Dear Traffic Planners:

Why do I have to hit every FUCKING light on a road for twelve miles? Can you not plan this better? AHHHHHHH! Do you plan at all, motherfuckers?

And why....WHY...do people go 1/2 speed or less when it rains...on LOCAL roads!

Irregardless is not technically a word!

Respond to e-mails within 24 hours, assholes!
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #13 of 106
Dear idiotic undergrad passengers in fast moving cars,

I am a cyclist. I know you are passing me, you don't need to yell to make your presence known. You certainly don't need to do it every time you pass me after I have overtaken the vehicle in which you are stationed. Yes, I realize that gas driven automobiles are faster than bikes, and I understand you want to celebrate the fact that your lazy ass cannot be bothered attempting even a small iota of self-propelled motion, but there are those of us who realize that within city limits, our cycling carries us faster-farther than your fossil-fuel driven steel cage. You don't hear me yelling at you every time I pass you on the approach to lights, now do you. Common courtesy demands that you extend the same respect.

In addition, when your bitches get out of said automobile, do tell them not to stand in the way of my bicycle, as you wouldn't let them stand in the way of a moving car...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
Reply
post #14 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Dear Traffic Planners:

Why do I have to hit every FUCKING light on a road for twelve miles? Can you not plan this better? AHHHHHHH! Do you plan at all, motherfuckers?

Hell, yeah. I always imagine how much extra gas it's taking for everybody to stop, accelerate, go 100 feet, stop, accelerate, over and over again. I think the traffic planners must think it's funny.

WILL YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY WHEN I COME FOR YOU, NAMELESS BUREAUCRATIC FUCKTARDS?????!!!

ALSO, ahem, also: if you are already halfway past the side street you wanted to turn left on, while in the far right lane of a multi-lane road, when you figure out that that's where you want to go, YOU MUST GIVE IT UP AND GO AROUND THE BLOCK AND TRY AGAIN, YOU STUPID DICKWEEDS.

You may not simply make an abrupt ninety degree turn, blocking several lanes, and start making your way across traffic like you are fording a fucking stream, so that I may come upon you holy fucking shit perpendicular to me in the midst of traffic in the middle of damn road, stopped, like the unbelievable asshat that you are.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #15 of 106
Dear AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile.. etc etc
stop giving out your trashy mobile phone handsets tied to your plans... give us a choice of better models.
NO, not everyone likes the stupid flip-phones and slider phones... give us some decent 'candy-bar' handsets.
NO, not everyone likes an antenna sticking out of the phone... that design is obsolete in many other parts of the globe... give us a decent model with internal antenna.
Windows mobile sucks... give some decent Linux smartphones... bribe/sue Apple into breaking the 2 year exclusive with AT&T for the iPhone.
...
Nokia... where the f*** are you? how come no one in the US knows about your handests & how user-friendly they (well, most of them) are?
Samsung, LG... you have better models in Asian & European markets.. why the f*** don;t you get them here in the US?
Kyocera... you suck... stop making s**t & labeling them as handsets.
Palm, you were big... got it?... note the emphasis on "WERE"... past tense... shed some weight... you can do better
Motorola... weren't you guys the first in mobile handsets? what the f*** happened? it's not all about how it looks... your UI sucks! improve!!!
...
Blackberry... well, nothing much against you guys... just make sure you don't lose touch with reality...
...
Apple/iPhone... perhaps not all hope is lost yet... kick ass while you can... before wisdom dawns upon the others... for now, you're untouchable, baby!!
...
just my 2c after being in the US for 3 months & seeing what pathetic s**t is sold here as mobile phones...
95% of your DNA is junk.... or is it?
Reply
95% of your DNA is junk.... or is it?
Reply
post #16 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

It's morons, you moran. I mean moron.



post #17 of 106
Dear people of the USA,

Start phasing in the metric system. Because your adherence to the imperial system is a source of ridicule around the world. Either you're too stubborn to make the change, or your too incompetent to develop a plan to do so. Either way you look like idiots.
post #18 of 106
Myself really can't stand it when people use "myself" instead of "me" or "I" because having twice as many syllables makes you sound more edumacated.

And stop using "absolutely" when all you mean to say, with one-fourth the syllables, is "yes."
post #19 of 106
Penultimate doesn't mean next to last. It means third to last, or next to next to last.

One thing I hate is when you type up an entire message but it gets lost. Like in an IM client when you send to someone but they aren't online and it just says "Sorry their not online", but you don't have what you typed. The same thing happens on AI sometimes when it doesn't think you are logged in but you are.
post #20 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindler View Post

Penultimate doesn't mean next to last. It means third to last, or next to next to last.

One thing I hate is when you type up an entire message but it gets lost. Like in an IM client when you send to someone but they aren't online and it just says "Sorry their not online", but you don't have what you typed. The same thing happens on AI sometimes when it doesn't think you are logged in but you are.

Merriam-Webster:


Main Entry:
pen·ul·ti·mate
Pronunciation:
\\pi-ˈnəl-tə-mət\\
Function:
adjective
Date:
1677
1 : next to the last <the penultimate chapter of a book>
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
Reply
post #21 of 106
Wow.

post #22 of 106
Thread Starter 
GAH I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE THINK "PENULTIMATE" MEANS NEXT TO NEXT TO LAST!! GAH!!! EVERYONE KNOWS THE WORD FOR THAT IS "ANTEPENULTIMATE"!!!

Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #23 of 106
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

post #24 of 106
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDreamworx View Post

Myself really can't stand it when people use "myself" instead of "me" or "I" because having twice as many syllables makes you sound more edumacated.

And stop using "absolutely" when all you mean to say, with one-fourth the syllables, is "yes."

Absolutely!

AND DEAR PEOPLE OF THE ENGLISH-SPEAKING WORLD: "WHOM" IS NOT A WORD THAT YOU USE JUST BECAUSE IT SEEMS MORE FORMAL THAN "WHO." THERE IS A FRIGGIN' RULE, PEOPLE! LEARN IT!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #25 of 106
I hate it when my Mexican neighbors to the south can drive up in my neck of the woods in their FREAKING cool late model (if not brand new) French Peugeot automobile while driving in the US yet Americans are not allowed to import them let alone own or operate one as they would be blocked at the port of entry. Something like "Automobiles Peugeot does not manufacture vehicles that conform to current United States regulations. For this reason it is unfortunately impossible for anyone to import a Peugeot model into the USA . Should anybody attempt to do so, the vehicle will be blocked at the port of arrival and will not be allowed to be operated in the USA and Canada ."

http://www.peugeot.com/regions/en/amerique.htm# then click USA to see the wonderful details.....

So much for free trade and free markets....

The US can allow Mini Cooper cars on the roads and smart cars but nothing French...

IT JUST REALLY GETS UNDER MY SKIN...

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/ppp/cgi-bin..._strModeHTML=1
Once you click the link just above this line navigate as follows to see a cool video.

HIGH SPEED VERSION =>Watch or skip the intro => DISCOVER => Design => click the top thumbnailed video ("quality video") => watch the video...

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #26 of 106
Dear Mastercard,

Please change your goddamn ad campaign.

If I have to see one more "Priceless" commerical I think I'm going to have to shoot myself. It's been 10 fucking years now.

Time to let go...
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
Reply
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
Reply
post #27 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay View Post

Dear AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile.. etc etc
NO, not everyone likes the stupid flip-phones and slider phones... give us some decent 'candy-bar' handsets.

Samsung, LG... you have better models in Asian & European markets.. why the f*** don;t you get them here in the US?

I was in Korea a few weeks ago. My Sprint/Samsung UpStage was something of a head-turner there, since they don't seem to have it (like our market, it's mostly flip phones and sliders. . . grrr). It also happens to be a candy bar phone. You might want to check it out.


Assorted other replies:

I would agree with the comment on the metric system. grass roots. Enjoying the 15 degree night-time weather here. Strangely, I think, officially the US is a metric country, it's just that there's not the tie-in from official policy to commercial application. Anyway, grass roots.

Peugeots are nice, but what I really want is an Alfa. I know that import used to be banned due to part ownership by Mr. Qadafi, but he has sold his shares since then, and every year they say they're going to re-enter the US market, but alas, no luck. I'm not sure what the issue is, if it's tariffs or marketing data. The Alfas look so good that I don't even mind the fact that they (like the good-looking french cars, too) aren't so reliable.
Cat: the other white meat
Reply
Cat: the other white meat
Reply
post #28 of 106
Dear Telvision,

Can someone, somewhere somehow, please play some actual music, be it a variety show, a local dance show, some cheap drunk wannabe star host talking between some music videos... SOMETHING PLEASE!

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #29 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Dear Telvision,

Can someone, somewhere somehow, please play some actual music, be it a variety show, a local dance show, some cheap drunk wannabe star host talking between some music videos... SOMETHING PLEASE!

Nick

And Comcast:
Give me back my NFL network and stop raising my bill 30 cents PER MONTH. I also want more than 3 HD channels for $140 a month.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #30 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay View Post

Dear AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile.. etc etc
stop giving out your trashy mobile phone handsets tied to your plans... give us a choice of better models.
NO, not everyone likes the stupid flip-phones and slider phones... give us some decent 'candy-bar' handsets.
NO, not everyone likes an antenna sticking out of the phone... that design is obsolete in many other parts of the globe... give us a decent model with internal antenna.
Windows mobile sucks... give some decent Linux smartphones... bribe/sue Apple into breaking the 2 year exclusive with AT&T for the iPhone.
...
Nokia... where the f*** are you? how come no one in the US knows about your handests & how user-friendly they (well, most of them) are?
Samsung, LG... you have better models in Asian & European markets.. why the f*** don;t you get them here in the US?
Kyocera... you suck... stop making s**t & labeling them as handsets.
Palm, you were big... got it?... note the emphasis on "WERE"... past tense... shed some weight... you can do better
Motorola... weren't you guys the first in mobile handsets? what the f*** happened? it's not all about how it looks... your UI sucks! improve!!!
...
Blackberry... well, nothing much against you guys... just make sure you don't lose touch with reality...
...
Apple/iPhone... perhaps not all hope is lost yet... kick ass while you can... before wisdom dawns upon the others... for now, you're untouchable, baby!!
...
just my 2c after being in the US for 3 months & seeing what pathetic s**t is sold here as mobile phones...

Next up: When people say "Just my 2 cents" in a rant thread. We're not being polite here, champ.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #31 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

....We're not being polite here, champ.

if you don't like what i'm sayin.... you can go f*** yourself!

(is that better now? )
95% of your DNA is junk.... or is it?
Reply
95% of your DNA is junk.... or is it?
Reply
post #32 of 106
Dear NFL/Chevrolet/John Mellencamp,

I am well aware that this is our country. I think, perhaps, it finally dawned on me the thousandth time I saw that commercial in week 2 of the last nfl season.

Everyone knows. Please make it stop.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #33 of 106
Dear U.S. citizens,

The word "like" does not need to be interjected into, between, and around every phrase or sentence that comes out of your mouth.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #34 of 106


Die already. Just die. Die in a fire. Get hit by a bus, train or white Bronco SUV. Get shanked by your prison cell-mate. Just go away so this retarded media and it's sheeple can move on to something else stupid to occupy their insatiable hunger for all things mundane.
post #35 of 106
I hate the 'word' sheeple. (but I still love you Artman )
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
Reply
post #36 of 106
Thread Starter 
Why can't I just pick the damned channels I want to pay for?!?!
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #37 of 106
Dear Radio,

Can we get the number of minutes of ads down to say... 55 minutes per hour. You've totally lost me as a listener when you decided to up it to 57 minutes of ads per hour.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #38 of 106
I don't want to have construction crews all over the place During the night they are working at the railway tracks directly opposite to my bedroom, they are making holes in the street everywhere, and they are building and rebuilding everything around my working place.

Can't they work fast, quietly and with at least a minimum quality?
post #39 of 106
Dear Left Lane Hogs,

The left lane is intended for passing. Getting on to a highway does not mean immediately pulling over to the left lane because you are afraid of driving on the highway and maybe having your driving experience ruined because others are getting on the highway if you occupy lanes further to the right.

And if you see someone in the left lane bearing down on you, PULL OVER TO THE RIGHT, so that car can pass.
Occupying the left lane just because you are doing the speed limit is not the point!
post #40 of 106
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › The Rant Thread!!