or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Anti-glare Alu iMac
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anti-glare Alu iMac

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Does anyone make a 24" anti-glare filter that would fit the 24" iMac?

I love the new Alu iMac but hate glare.
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Reply
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Reply
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMac View Post

Does anyone make a 24" anti-glare filter that would fit the 24" iMac?

I love the new Alu iMac but hate glare.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever seen one in person? I did a few days ago and I was surprised at how little the glare was noticeable. The iMac display received directly daylight from the street (one of the worst case scenarios) and it was nevertheless quite comfortable because it is so bright and crisp. Now if you intend doing image work it may be an issue, I don't know. But otherwise it is fine, for me at least.

As to your question, unfortunately I have not an answer.
post #3 of 6
Here:
http://www.photodon.com/lcdprotect-sheet.htm#buynow

BTW, I own a 24" iMac. I was concerned about the reflections but at least for my room conditions it is a non issue.
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post

Here:
http://www.photodon.com/lcdprotect-sheet.htm#buynow

BTW, I own a 24" iMac. I was concerned about the reflections but at least for my room conditions it is a non issue.

Wow, Perfect thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post

Just out of curiosity, have you ever seen one in person?

Yes, there are 2 apple stores near me.
I do use my mac for image and color correction.

Cheers!
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Reply
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Reply
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMac View Post

Yes, there are 2 apple stores near me.
I do use my mac for image and color correction.

Cheers!

Then you're probably operating it in a room that's dark or has soft lighting. Non-issue. The iMac glass has anti-reflective coating on it.
Cat: the other white meat
Reply
Cat: the other white meat
Reply
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Then you're probably operating it in a room that's dark or has soft lighting. Non-issue. The iMac glass has anti-reflective coating on it.

My own room with soft lighting would be deal, of course. Sadly I do not have this situation in our small company. We agree Apple makes great stuff. But really, there is no need to be an apologist for when makes a decision that does not meet the needs of many of its customers.
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Reply
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Anti-glare Alu iMac