or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › An in-depth iPod Touch review

An in-depth iPod Touch review - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

The title pretty much sums it up, this review seems far to kind especially with respect to the devices rating.

So while the review was a interesting and wordy tome it seems to have missed significant issues and doesn't seem to be in sync with consumer expectations.

Dave

If you had really read the wordy article, you would understand that this review was judging the iPod touch only as an iPod. Not as a PDA or an iPhone without the phone or anything else that it is not. It describes how... as an iPod ...this device is great. It purposely ignores the fact that the device is not what a lot of people were hoping it was.
post #42 of 45
The problems with iPod Touch are similar to what might be expected with any new technology.

On a lighter note, here's a funny video I found about the problems with the iPod Touch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkP_G8AxtIA
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodAaron View Post

The problems with iPod Touch are similar to what might be expected with any new technology.

On a lighter note, here's a funny video I found about the problems with the iPod Touch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkP_G8AxtIA

I understand it's comedy, but at least use a real iPod touch and not an iPhone.
post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by k squared View Post

I understand it's comedy, but at least use a real iPod touch and not an iPhone.

It would be nice if someone would run a unit or two before proclaiming its greatness. The Ipod Touch has a host of Wi-Fi problems---from WPA log on issues, to non-compatibility with some routers, to very weak reception compared to other wireless devices. Its a brilliant design, and if the Wi-Fi worked it would be a great item.

Apple is well aware of the problems, many users are aware of the issues---but Apple Insider isn't.
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post

It would be nice if someone would run a unit or two before proclaiming its greatness. The Ipod Touch has a host of Wi-Fi problems---from WPA log on issues, to non-compatibility with some routers, to very weak reception compared to other wireless devices. Its a brilliant design, and if the Wi-Fi worked it would be a great item.

Apple is well aware of the problems, many users are aware of the issues---but Apple Insider isn't.

Would also have been nice for somebody to point out that the new iPod's no longer work with the Apple Hi-Fi or legacy docks/chargers.

I am getting very very fed up with Apple continuously ripping off their customers. Nowhere does is say on their website that the iPod touch will not work with the Apple Hi-Fi.

I am taking my iPod back to the store today and if they refuse to refund me I am selling it on eBay, and it will be the last dollar that Apple ever get from me. I really mean it, I have had enough of them.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › An in-depth iPod Touch review