or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › I Absolutely Love the New iMac

I Absolutely Love the New iMac

post #1 of 11
Everything about it is absolutely stunning. I would buy it for the chrome arm alone!

An 800 MHz G4 processor?! With GeForce2?! That's just staggeringly amazing! Since when is Apple in the business with impressing us with performance specs?

It's beautiful, it's fast, and it's affordable (though the low end should be dropped by a few hundred dollars). I would buy one at the drop of a hat.

- Pook
In a fast German car I'm amazed that I survived. An airbag saved my life. - Radiohead
In a fast German car I'm amazed that I survived. An airbag saved my life. - Radiohead
post #2 of 11
I agree, after seeing it from several different angles, the new iMac is gorgeous.
post #3 of 11
I love it too but don't your think that a 100mhz bus speed and ATA/66 is pure crap.
post #4 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by deestar:
<strong>I love it too but don't your think that a 100mhz bus speed and ATA/66 is pure crap.</strong><hr></blockquote>
I have to Ditto that!

Why, oh why not a 133 bus at least! They always manage to hobble the machine in one way or another.
post #5 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by strazi:
<strong>I agree, after seeing it from several different angles, the new iMac is gorgeous.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Different angles? Heck, man, it's round!
oy!
oy!
post #6 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by deestar:
<strong>I love it too but don't your think that a 100mhz bus speed and ATA/66 is pure crap.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yep. That's the only problem with it.
post #7 of 11
But, but.

Then you would be identical to the PM's sans PCI slots.
post #8 of 11
iLike the G3 iMac.
post #9 of 11
"I love it too but don't your think that a 100mhz bus speed and ATA/66 is pure crap."

c'mon. it's a CONSUMER machine.
post #10 of 11
I just don't like round and white....round and white is in the bathroom...
The Mother of all flip-flops!!
Support our troops by educating yourself and being a responsible voter. Democracy and Capitalism REQUIRE Intelligence and Wisdom if they are to be worth a damn beyond...
The Mother of all flip-flops!!
Support our troops by educating yourself and being a responsible voter. Democracy and Capitalism REQUIRE Intelligence and Wisdom if they are to be worth a damn beyond...
post #11 of 11
Hard as it may be to believe, it's now Current Hardware. Moving...
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › I Absolutely Love the New iMac