or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod touch delivery dates?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPod touch delivery dates?

post #1 of 34
Thread Starter 
I ordered a 16gb iPod touch on the 6th September. The ship date has always been 28th September, but the delivery date, which was 1st-2nd October has now been pushed back to 4th-6th October.

Are the rest of you noticing the same?

I'm surprised that they're not shipping until the end of September given that by then they'll have been in shops a fortnight. Is it generally the case that the stores take stock priority and online orders are filled after that?

Not too fussed I guess, it'll come when it comes, but i'm interested in how they tend to work it.
post #2 of 34
i just checked my status and it says it was shipped yesterday (sept 19). I ordered mine as soon as it became avaliable on the 5th. (Also got custom engraving)

I JUST CHECKED AGAIN AND IT SAYS ITS DELIEVERED!
post #3 of 34
Has anyone in Australia had an ordered delivered?
Oliver G
Reply
Oliver G
Reply
post #4 of 34
Can anyone who has ordered in the UK please post if they have had there order updated. Its a bit annoying when all the US customers are getting theirs and we are not!!
post #5 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverKirrane View Post

Can anyone who has ordered in the UK please post if they have had there order updated. Its a bit annoying when all the US customers are getting theirs and we are not!!

I'm in the UK and my order has been bumped (4th or 5th).

I'm not to bothered because of the screen issues I am hoping that this was the cause of the delay. I would rather have a 100% one and have to wait 4 or 5 days for it.

Bit if a kick in the teath tho putting them into shops before online orders, It will just stop people buying online as soon as products are released.

j.
www.pixelrevolution.com/webcam/
2.66 MacPro, 15" MacbookPro
"I think I once saw Steve Jobs at Seaworld"
www.vrhull.co.uk/(click an ad and earn me some cash)
Reply
www.pixelrevolution.com/webcam/
2.66 MacPro, 15" MacbookPro
"I think I once saw Steve Jobs at Seaworld"
www.vrhull.co.uk/(click an ad and earn me some cash)
Reply
post #6 of 34
What about in the Apple Stores. Are the ipod touches actually in the stores right now so that you can look at "touch" them?
post #7 of 34
They are in Regent Street, I work 5 minutes away from there.

Alse see http://www.flickr.com/photos/geraldi...is/1409381168/
post #8 of 34
I ordered my 16GB unit on 9/7; since then it has said without change:

Ships by: Sep 28
Delivers by: Oct 2 - Oct 4

I just called up the local Apple store here in Grand Rapids Michigan; they had the 8GB units in stock, and I could check back noon of each weekday to see if any 16GB ones came in.
post #9 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by blandishment View Post

I ordered my 16GB unit on 9/7; since then it has said without change:

Ships by: Sep 28
Delivers by: Oct 2 - Oct 4

I just called up the local Apple store here in Grand Rapids Michigan; they had the 8GB units in stock, and I could check back noon of each weekday to see if any 16GB ones came in.

My October 2 - 4 just changed to Oct 4 - 5
But it still ships on the same day!
post #10 of 34
I must admit I am a bit irked about the local store having it and having to wait a month after ordering on line, but, since I am saving a few bucks with a company discount, I will bear the wait.

It is hard though!
post #11 of 34
Maffrew

Just spoke to Apple on the phone as i have the same situation as you, first they said delivery 1st-2nd October now 4-5th.
Anyway the person at Apple said they have not recieved shipments from China in the UK yet and will recieve them themselves on the 1st-2nd, making delivery to us on the 4-5th.
Dont know about you but i think this is pants, if had known this information earlier i would have taken my money and bought one in the shops this weekend!!
So much for buying on the internet to beat the shops.
post #12 of 34
weird...on the phone with APPLE yesterday too and they said they;ll ship on Friday.

Well, called a few APPLE STORES around and none of them have touch in stock!
post #13 of 34
I just got the email that mine has shipped (to the UK) still estimated delivery as the 4th or 5th

j.
www.pixelrevolution.com/webcam/
2.66 MacPro, 15" MacbookPro
"I think I once saw Steve Jobs at Seaworld"
www.vrhull.co.uk/(click an ad and earn me some cash)
Reply
www.pixelrevolution.com/webcam/
2.66 MacPro, 15" MacbookPro
"I think I once saw Steve Jobs at Seaworld"
www.vrhull.co.uk/(click an ad and earn me some cash)
Reply
post #14 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrp View Post

I just got the email that mine has shipped (to the UK) still estimated delivery as the 4th or 5th

j.

I've just checked mine and I've been bumped AGAIN! Now says shipping on 10th, delivery by 19th!!!

Grrrr
post #15 of 34
My expected delivery date went from 1st-2nd to 4th-5th but then a couple of days ago it changed to 28th ( today ). Unsurprisingly it didnt arrive this morning so I phoned TNT to see where it had got to. I am waiting a call back to let me know at the moment but am crossing fingers that it will still be here tomorrow \

You can hope can't you ?

--
Scott
http://ukmac.net
post #16 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmac View Post

My expected delivery date went from 1st-2nd to 4th-5th but then a couple of days ago it changed to 28th ( today ). Unsurprisingly it didnt arrive this morning so I phoned TNT to see where it had got to. I am waiting a call back to let me know at the moment but am crossing fingers that it will still be here tomorrow \

You can hope can't you ?

--
Scott
http://ukmac.net

my expected delivery is 2-5 of october.
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display

with a wireless Apple keyboard

and

iPod Touch
8GB
Reply
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display

with a wireless Apple keyboard

and

iPod Touch
8GB
Reply
post #17 of 34
all my tracking numbers have now been posted, and it can be tracked on the TNT site.

Looks like a regular 7 days from china ship now.

j.
www.pixelrevolution.com/webcam/
2.66 MacPro, 15" MacbookPro
"I think I once saw Steve Jobs at Seaworld"
www.vrhull.co.uk/(click an ad and earn me some cash)
Reply
www.pixelrevolution.com/webcam/
2.66 MacPro, 15" MacbookPro
"I think I once saw Steve Jobs at Seaworld"
www.vrhull.co.uk/(click an ad and earn me some cash)
Reply
post #18 of 34
Thread Starter 
Mine eventually shipped on the 27th, and the new estimated delivery date is the 2nd October, which isn't too bad at all.
post #19 of 34
Mine has just moved to 20 October !!!! \
post #20 of 34
Looks like it left China on the 28th and is currently passing through Indiana for a scheduled delivery on Oct 3rd - or so says Fedex. Can't wait!

Edit to say, it's interesting to watch the package's itinerary. My delivery address is on the West Coast. The package leaves China, goes to Alaska, than onto Indianapolis - kind of in the opposite direction. I imagined that it would have just travelled down the coast since it seems like a faster / shorter route. I guess IN is one of the Fedex distribution hubs. Anyway - just a small oddity that caught my eye.
post #21 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaningless View Post

Looks like it left China on the 28th and is currently passing through Indiana for a scheduled delivery on Oct 3rd - or so says Fedex. Can't wait!

Edit to say, it's interesting to watch the package's itinerary. My delivery address is on the West Coast. The package leaves China, goes to Alaska, than onto Indianapolis - kind of in the opposite direction. I imagined that it would have just travelled down the coast since it seems like a faster / shorter route. I guess IN is one of the Fedex distribution hubs. Anyway - just a small oddity that caught my eye.

haha, i saw that with my macbook pro. i live in quebec which is at the eastern end of canada. it went from china to alaska, which is on the complete opposite side. then it went to memphis tn. my touch shipped today ( 29th ). i was quite surprised with that seeing as it's the weekend. i got expedited shipping but i didn't think that they shipped on weekends. my touch which i ordered on the 26th and shipped today is due to arrive on the 3rd as well. my macbook pro which i ordered on the 8th of september, which shipped on the 24th of september is due to arrive the same day. pretty pathetic. and the worst thing is that when it comes ( estimated at 12 oclock), i'll be in class, my mom will be at work, and my father will be at work as well so there will be no one to pick it up. i think that there's a fedex close to the ups that i work at though so before tuesday i might call and ask them to hold it there and i'll go pck it up after class or something. either that or i'll get someone to stay at my place to pick it up.
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display

with a wireless Apple keyboard

and

iPod Touch
8GB
Reply
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display

with a wireless Apple keyboard

and

iPod Touch
8GB
Reply
post #22 of 34
i got email said my touch shipped on the 27th and i should get it one the 1st. well have to see if it speaks truth
post #23 of 34
Hi all... just to keep u UK folk informed...

I just phoned TNT to track my Itouch delivery......
my status says collected, and now shipped from orginator on the 28th at 1802...

i was concerned as its a chinese holiday this week. Apparently if it has been collected and shipped it should be with you this week, in my case the 3rd....
lets see.

the bad news is those whose have not been collected may have to wait till next week. hence why perhaps some dates were pushed back to 10-15th....
post #24 of 34
does anything think they would be able to take an educated guess on when the itouch will be avaible to buy in shops like currys, dixons, john lewis? beacause i went on the 29th of september to see and they did not have any, i am hoping they might have them for this coming weeked?

thanks everyone who post a reply
post #25 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantamac! View Post

does anything think they would be able to take an educated guess on when the itouch will be avaible to buy in shops like currys, dixons, john lewis? beacause i went on the 29th of september to see and they did not have any, i am hoping they might have them for this coming weeked?

thanks everyone who post a reply

It will probably take a few weeks. Apple stores still don't have regular stock of them. I have been calling one of the Apple stores in Manchester in an attempt to get one and whenever they do get stock (not very often yet), by the time I get there, they are sold out.
post #26 of 34
Mine turned up this morning (UK), sat here at work waiting to open it at lunch.

j.
www.pixelrevolution.com/webcam/
2.66 MacPro, 15" MacbookPro
"I think I once saw Steve Jobs at Seaworld"
www.vrhull.co.uk/(click an ad and earn me some cash)
Reply
www.pixelrevolution.com/webcam/
2.66 MacPro, 15" MacbookPro
"I think I once saw Steve Jobs at Seaworld"
www.vrhull.co.uk/(click an ad and earn me some cash)
Reply
post #27 of 34
Mine arrived at home today! But im working away from home until Thursday! Bummer, atleast its delivered.
post #28 of 34
Thread Starter 
Mine arrived today too, beating the estimate. So far, i'm very pleased with it
post #29 of 34
Well, just a quick note to say that I got my Touch yesterday, Oct 1 - way earlier than the scheduled delivery. It is a week 38 model and there are no issues w/ the video (haven't installed the 1.1.1 patch yet). I too am rather pleased with mine.
post #30 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaningless View Post

Well, just a quick note to say that I got my Touch yesterday, Oct 1 - way earlier than the scheduled delivery. It is a week 38 model and there are no issues w/ the video (haven't installed the 1.1.1 patch yet). I too am rather pleased with mine.

if you want to haxor your touch don't update it.
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display

with a wireless Apple keyboard

and

iPod Touch
8GB
Reply
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display

with a wireless Apple keyboard

and

iPod Touch
8GB
Reply
post #31 of 34
just arrived today via tnt in the uk. love it, wooooooooooo. This is what my tnt tracker said:

3 Oct 2007 \t08:40 \tWorcester \tOut For Delivery
03 Oct 2007 \t08:02 \tWorcester \tImport Received
03 Oct 2007 \t05:27 \tEast Midlands Airport \tConsignment Received At Transit Point
02 Oct 2007 \t22:28 \tLiege Euro Hub \tConsignment Received At Transit Point
01 Oct 2007 \t23:00 \tArnhem Hub \tConsignment Received At Transit Point
30 Sep 2007 \t09:00 \tPudong International Airport \tRequested Pickup Time Too Late For Transit Connection
29 Sep 2007 \t18:54 \tSuzhou \tShipped From Originating Depot
27 Sep 2007 \t19:43 \tSuzhou \tConsignment Picked Up
27 Sep 2007 \t18:55 \tSuzhou \tConsignment Received At Transit Point
27 Sep 2007 \t18:55 \tSuzhou \tConsignment Picked Up
post #32 of 34
Once the package starts moving, they really do move. 2 hrs 50 mins after landing in the UK it is out on a truck for delivery

pretty slick operation

j.
www.pixelrevolution.com/webcam/
2.66 MacPro, 15" MacbookPro
"I think I once saw Steve Jobs at Seaworld"
www.vrhull.co.uk/(click an ad and earn me some cash)
Reply
www.pixelrevolution.com/webcam/
2.66 MacPro, 15" MacbookPro
"I think I once saw Steve Jobs at Seaworld"
www.vrhull.co.uk/(click an ad and earn me some cash)
Reply
post #33 of 34
You people are extremely lucky. Since we don't have an Applestore in Greece I ordered mine from Gordon Harwoods in Uk. As it seems Apple is supplying all of its stores leaving all the others in the dark. A quick email to ghc yesterday revealed that their initial delivery order on the 29th of September has moved forward without them knowing when they will get it....

That is just great. I guess I'll get mine in the middle of october...
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitris View Post

You people are extremely lucky. Since we don't have an Applestore in Greece I ordered mine from Gordon Harwoods in Uk. As it seems Apple is supplying all of its stores leaving all the others in the dark. A quick email to ghc yesterday revealed that their initial delivery order on the 29th of September has moved forward without them knowing when they will get it....

That is just great. I guess I'll get mine in the middle of october...

apple sent me an email saying that the touch i ordered with expedited shipping apparently mistakingly left with their international shipping place or something and that it should arrive on the same day that it said for expedited even though the shipment was wrong. or they would refund my expedited money.

i should have recieved it by today, it's not here. refund for expedited better be in my account.

edit: this just in, it's in memphis now which is the last place that my macbook pro was before shipping to my place. so i guess i should recieve it tommorow.
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display

with a wireless Apple keyboard

and

iPod Touch
8GB
Reply
MacBook Pro
2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
120GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
SuperDrive 8x
15" Glossy Widescreen Display

with a wireless Apple keyboard

and

iPod Touch
8GB
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod touch delivery dates?