or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Buying an American iPhone, unlocking and then reinstating in 2008?

Buying an American iPhone, unlocking and then reinstating in 2008?

post #1 of 3
Would this work?

Buying an American iPhone now, unlocking it, turning off Edge (new update allows this), using only for WiFi (never Edge), and then reinstating it in early 2008 when Irish iPhone is introduced and then activating on the network that gets chosen here? (as if I never even used it before and purchased it here)

Wasn't going to get an iPhone, was going to get an iPod touch instead, and then I thought if I can live using an iPod touch on Wifi, then surely I can do the same with an iPhone, besides I'd get better battery life and more default apps, and a cool phone too, and I'd get it cheap from the states.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Would this work?

Buying an American iPhone now, unlocking it, turning off Edge (new update allows this), using only for WiFi (never Edge), and then reinstating it in early 2008 when Irish iPhone is introduced and then activating on the network that gets chosen here? (as if I never even used it before and purchased it here)

Wasn't going to get an iPhone, was going to get an iPod touch instead, and then I thought if I can live using an iPod touch on Wifi, then surely I can do the same with an iPhone, besides I'd get better battery life and more default apps, and a cool phone too, and I'd get it cheap from the states.

Thought you weren't going to buy anything less that 16GB
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by physguy View Post

Thought you weren't going to buy anything less that 16GB

So did I but, I never thought of buying it from the States and getting it shipped over before.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Buying an American iPhone, unlocking and then reinstating in 2008?