Originally Posted by Dave Marsh
The volume of my ringtones doesn't seem to have changed either, although the volume of playing songs does seem louder (even a bit distorted at full volume).
I've also noticed:
1) At end of videos, we no longer get the query to delete the video to save space
2) Holding down selected keys (e.g., o, e) on keyboard will pop up a new sub-menu of special foreign character modifications
3) The double tap on Home key while iPhone is locked always brings up the iPod controls
4) The double tap on Home key while iPhone is unlocked uses the choice made in Settings
5) WiFi access to iTunes stores works perfectly, and quickly, but ONLY for music
6) Changing the order of Weather widgets/Stock widgets works by clicking on Info buttons and dragging items into desired display order
7) Debug menu in Settings/Safari/Developer will identify web page errors when using Safari
8) Calculator icon changed to same as that used on iPod touch
9) There appears to be a small improvement in responsiveness. When I wake up locked iPhone, then enter my PIN, the click sounds start immediately as I enter the PIN. Previously, the click sounds only sounded when I was nearly done entering my PIN.
10) Lap counter on stopwatch still restarts after clicking Lap button, vice normal stopwatch behavior of displaying total time since last Reset.
11) Settings/Sounds Text Message option to select different notification sound, but no separate volume control as some have said was added
12) Brightness control now works (before update auto-brightness didn't work... turning it on/off now shows clear brightness selection change)
13) Settings/General/Network now gives option to turn off Data Roaming (i.e., turn off EDGE when not on AT&T network to avoid paying roaming fees to third party carrier for checking Mail in background)
14) Settings/General/Keyboard now offers option to double tap on spacebar on keyboard to generate a period with a space following it when entering text.
15) Settings/iPod/TV Out offers options to switch between NTSC (US)/PAL (Europe) and Widescreen when using new composite/component video cables through dock connector.
16) Cover Flow still doesn't change albums properly when playing music changes to another album (you have to change to portrait mode then back to Cover Flow to see the correct album)
I just thought it would be useful to compose a simple list of the things I noticed that changed/didn't change (but should have) to add to the general discussion about the update, quite aside from the negative effects of the update on some iPhones.