or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › There is a speck of dust stuck underneath the glass of my iPhone.

There is a speck of dust stuck underneath the glass of my iPhone.

post #1 of 7
First i'll say, it's not a stuck pixel. It's located JUST above the top of the screen. I can see all the pixels at the top of the screen, and they are all fine. Then, just after the screen comes to an end, there is this speck sort of hovering in the air, but it doesn't come off with the polishing cloth or with water or anything. It's obvious that it's either directly below the glass or IN the glass.

To be more precise, it's in that really thin dark grey strip that seperates the screen from the black area above where the proximity sensor is. It's not terribly noticeable unless you're looking in that direction, but it is there. Any way to get rid of it?

Thanks.
post #2 of 7
Take it back to Apple?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Take it back to Apple?

Ugh.. isn't an iPhone switch really complicated because of the fact that it's already signed onto a contract?? How do I get a new phone and activate it without starting a second contract parallel to the first one with AT&T?

Also.. I live on an island. I can't get to an Apple store.
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehellgate911 View Post

Lots of Islands have an Apple store, like the UK for example.
I don't see how an anti M$ stance can be seen as a bad thing on an Apple forum I really can't!

nagromme - According to Amazon: "SpongBob Typing Tutor" is outselling Windows
I don't see how an anti M$ stance can be seen as a bad thing on an Apple forum I really can't!

nagromme - According to Amazon: "SpongBob Typing Tutor" is outselling Windows
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehellgate911 View Post

Ugh.. isn't an iPhone switch really complicated because of the fact that it's already signed onto a contract?? How do I get a new phone and activate it without starting a second contract parallel to the first one with AT&T?

The contract is linked to the SIM card. You can remove the card and put it into the new phone. I don't know about the data that's on it, I think it would sync to the new phone once you put the SIM card in.
post #6 of 7
Great, thanks. I called up Apple, and they're sending me a new one. You've just gotta be a little persistent with them, and they'll do anything. The guy said that I need to send it in for repair (this is a 2 day old phone), and that if they can't repair it they'll send me a new one.

I said "When my Mac Pro died after 2 days, Apple shipped me a new one without even waiting for the old one to arrive back at their warehouse. That's the kind of customer service i'm used to with Apple, so you're sending me a new iPhone." And the guy agreed!
post #7 of 7
Post it over to me and you'll never see that spec again
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › There is a speck of dust stuck underneath the glass of my iPhone.