or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › firefox opens on my 2nd monitor

firefox opens on my 2nd monitor

post #1 of 7
It never used to do this and now all of the time when it launches it goes to my 2nd monitor. Its not a big deal but its damn annoying. Is there anyway to fix this.
post #2 of 7
I just did a couple of sample tests. If you close an app from your second monitor, it will open there the next time that you open it. This is actually quite convenient, at least for me it is.
Bring back The Screen Savers!
Bring back The Screen Savers!
post #3 of 7
yeah but now even when i close it on my main monitor it opens on the second. I think its a bug.
post #4 of 7
Try using the "close" command instead of whatever else you're using. I know what when I force crash Firefox the config isn't set to what it was.
post #5 of 7
I have this problem, but opposite monitors. Try opening 3 Firefox windows and drag them all to your first monitor at the appropriate size and then close them all and make a new window. I belive this fixed my problem when I had it.
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmajik2021 View Post

yeah but now even when i close it on my main monitor it opens on the second. I think its a bug.

Do you close the app by clicking the red button or do you completely quit the app??
post #7 of 7

Took me ages to figure this out but it's actually very simple.

"Un-maximize" Firefox so it's not taking up the whole screen, move it to the place you want it to open, then close it.  Do NOT maximize it first.  Make sure all four edges are neatly inside the monitor you want it to live in, then close it.

When you open it it will be where you left it.  Now you can maximize it and close it.  It will remember it's location and open, maximized, in that monitor next time.

Hope this helps you.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › firefox opens on my 2nd monitor