or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Report: iPhone world share limited by revenue deals

Report: iPhone world share limited by revenue deals - Page 3

post #81 of 85
It would be nice if Apple could extend it's concept of quality to it's carrier ATT--the EDGE network is a significant barrier as far as I'm concerned---I bought the phone and returned it because of the EDGE not functioning properly.
post #82 of 85
by apple making the iphone appeal to the most customers as gsm, rather than verizon cdma it had to accept some drawbacks, one is the slower network, BUT do you think at&t will grow it's network FASTER with apple pushing them or there customers....i think apple is more on our side than at&t.....look at what they did to help customers in britain with edge expansion (still not 3g)
at&t has drug it's feet for years with upgrading it's network. apple pushes better than the millions of customers over than last 6 years than at&t if at&t has customer satisfaction growth it's BECAUSE OF APPPLE NOT INTERNALLY......that's why people are somewhat more apt to trust apple than any telecom, foriegn or domestic.
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #83 of 85
In the U.S. the service provider called the shots--the phones were commodities, and often givaways---IPhone changed the game---people want the iPhone---carriers want the iPhone--so Apple can call the shots to a large degree here--and they are calling them ---for Apple not necessarily for the consumer---Apple is making money on both the phone sales, and the service, a piece of the monthly fee--the consumer is getting a great phone, but is paying a lot for it, and is getting shit service and is paying a reasonable, not excessive fee for it--but the biggest benefit goes to Apple, the second to ATT in getting customers they wouldn't normally have gotten and smallest to the consumer, who is getting a great phone but with shitty service.

and consumers will put up with a lot of shitty service from carriers like ATT to have the phone----ignoring what they would never accept from another carrier just to have this super phone--
post #84 of 85
The flat data plan is certainly a biggie--but the data supplier in this instance, ATT is not the best---

The EDGE network is slow and inconsistant

(I returned my iPhone for that reason)
post #85 of 85
Quote:
ignoring what they would never accept from another carrier just to have this super phone--

People complain about all of the carriers you have to pick your poison.

One will have a great selection of phones but terrible phone coverage.

Another will have great coverage but expensive fees

Another will have lower cost fees but terrible customers service.

Or great customers service and poor phone selection.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Report: iPhone world share limited by revenue deals