or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Static on Bluetooth Earpiece?

Static on Bluetooth Earpiece?

post #1 of 3
I thought this was a design flaw, but I'm now wondering if I have a bad earpiece since a friend does not experience this problem.

When I'm talking on my Apple Bluetooth earpiece and place my iPhone in my pocket that's on the opposite side of my body, I get an incredible amount of static. The person I'm on the phone with will often comment on it. (FYI, I'm not obese or large in any way.)

Today I had the phone in my shirt pocket, and when I was carrying a lot of things in my hand, I had some mail (letters, newsletter, magazines) in front of the phone. It caused static then.

With my Motorola earpiece connected to my iPhone, I can walk 20-30 feet from my car and have no static.

Do you guys experience a lot of static with the Apple earpiece? How far can you typically separate the iPhone from the earpiece before you hear static?
post #2 of 3
If your friends doesn't do this take it back. They'll take care of you.
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerndoc View Post

I thought this was a design flaw, but I'm now wondering if I have a bad earpiece since a friend does not experience this problem.

When I'm talking on my Apple Bluetooth earpiece and place my iPhone in my pocket that's on the opposite side of my body, I get an incredible amount of static. The person I'm on the phone with will often comment on it. (FYI, I'm not obese or large in any way.)

Today I had the phone in my shirt pocket, and when I was carrying a lot of things in my hand, I had some mail (letters, newsletter, magazines) in front of the phone. It caused static then.

With my Motorola earpiece connected to my iPhone, I can walk 20-30 feet from my car and have no static.

Do you guys experience a lot of static with the Apple earpiece? How far can you typically separate the iPhone from the earpiece before you hear static?

I've not heard a lot of good things about the Apple earpiece Bluetooth or otherwise. I agree take it back.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Static on Bluetooth Earpiece?