or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod classic: the last hurrah for HDD-based iPods?

iPod classic: the last hurrah for HDD-based iPods? - Page 3

post #81 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

What he said there, though he may not have meant it that way, was that Nano's and Shuffle's are usually given away as gifts, which is why they sell so well, but HDD drive models are not given away as gifts, except rarely, but are bought by the user.

No, that's exactly what I meant. The Shuffle and Nano are frequently given as gifts. The Classic would not be given as a gift as often, even in terms of percentage sales.

I think a lot of the users here could attest to this. How many iPods have you given as a gift? What format were they?

I've bought 4 iPods for myself:

1. 5GB G1
2. 40GB G3
3. 1GB Shuffle G2 (Silver)
4. 160GB Classic (Silver)

I've bought 3 as gifts:

1. 4GB Mini G1 (Pink)
2. 1GB Shuffle G2 (Silver)
3. 8GB Nano G2 (Product Red)

I don't know of anyone who would give an iPod Classic as a gift, except a parent whose kid asked for one.
post #82 of 83
Quote:

But, it would be interesting if they were powerful enough to play them back on an external TV, or monitor.

But, that may not be possible, due to DRM restrictions. It's possible that any playbeck device will need HDCP for playback in both devices.

You're getting warm!
post #83 of 83
Quote:

But, it would be interesting if they were powerful enough to play them back on an external TV, or monitor.

But, that may not be possible, due to DRM restrictions. It's possible that any playback device will need HDCP for playback in both devices.

You're getting warm!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod classic: the last hurrah for HDD-based iPods?