or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › A Forum area for Other Os's ?

A Forum area for Other Os's ?

post #1 of 3
Other Os's on Mac ...(or otherwise).... could do with an area all of their own as part of Appleinsider.

I can't say exactly how many others are running multiple Os's, but I am using the Big 3.

OS X

Linux/Unix

Windows

One day, I even hope to run all three from my Mac.

Given, (naturally) that there is a sub-forum dedicated to all matters OS-X; I can't help but think that another forum area for alternate Os's users might be appropriate.

The way I envisage it, such a forum would be a great place for those of us who use multiple OS's in our daily life...to share our experiences and imformation.

It could also be a forum for those non Mac users, who are more familiar with Windows and Linux boxes and who also want to migrate their current OS's into a nice new Powermac or Mac Laptop etc, to see what's on offer and how easy (or otherwise) such migrations may be.

Apple is clearly taking Os migration seriously...as are a growing band of Linux Distro producers like Mepis...etc.

So a specific forum that covers Other OS's (whether on a Mac or otherwise) would be most useful.

I don't know if anyone else would back up this idea, but I think it has merit.

Respectfully.

Aquafire
There are 3 types of people in the world.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
post #2 of 3
APPLEInsider
post #3 of 3
Gee ... Buddha...

Run that past me again.

How eaxctly does this help advance the discussion?

Aquafire

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.

Those who count.

&

Those who can't.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › A Forum area for Other Os's ?