or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Any News On Nice/Renice in OS X?

Any News On Nice/Renice in OS X?

post #1 of 3
When OS X was first released a lot of people thought that they could speed up the system/finder by using the Unix command line and a command called Nice or Renice. They were quite dissapointed to find out that all their thoughts of speed (which some quite hilariously perceived as real gains, how I am not sure) dissolved when they found that Nice/Renice had no real hooks in the system. My question is, has this been remedied since 10.1 or 10.1.1? I don't need it, but I am interested since I would like to give a bit more time to DNETC in X.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #2 of 3
Yes, this was rectified as of 10.1. Have a nice day.
That's the problem with changing the past. You never get to say "I told you so".
That's the problem with changing the past. You never get to say "I told you so".
post #3 of 3
Yes, renice has helped me get a few more fps in iTunes visualizer.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Any News On Nice/Renice in OS X?