or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Unlocked iPhone for sale for 749euros in France (1070usd)

Unlocked iPhone for sale for 749euros in France (1070usd) - Page 3

post #81 of 83
Quote:
At the end of the second quarter 2007, 8.7% of mobile connections in Europe were 3G enabled.

Seems pretty cut and dried. These aren't new connections, upgrades, etc. It's the total percentage of all mobile connections. Yuppers, 8.7%. Get 1000 EU cell phone customers together, 87 have 3G. And if all those phones have 3G capability as you claim, you know what that means? Either 3G isn't available or 91.3% don't want it.

Pretty much of the rest of what you said follows your typical methodology:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisdesign

I took reasonable guesses...

Try dealing in just the facts. OR, you might drop the act where you toss around phrases like "I know introducing some reality to a true believer in the Jesus Phone is asking for trouble", either one.
post #82 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Seems pretty cut and dried. These aren't new connections, upgrades, etc. It's the total percentage of all mobile connections. Yuppers, 8.7%. Get 1000 EU cell phone customers together, 87 have 3G. And if all those phones have 3G capability as you claim, you know what that means? Either 3G isn't available or 91.3% don't want it.

Or they've not had a phone yet that would make using it worthwhile? A phone which relies heavily on data services perhaps... Queue Apple...

Or they don't want a smartphone at all, which is most people frankly. The carriers spent a wad on 3G here then were late with phones and gave us crap like football highlights at exorbitant rates as a justification for having 3G. We didn't get decent email or web browsing... Queue Apple...

Doh!, Apple launches a 2G phone.

Fact still is, 55% of people are buying 3G phones NOW and 100% of European smartphones this past year have been 3G regardless of people wanting it or not. In the sector where it's actually useful, Apple launches a 2G phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskiss View Post

Try dealing in just the facts. OR, you might drop the act where you toss around phrases like "I know introducing some reality to a true believer in the Jesus Phone is asking for trouble", either one.

Why? I gave you facts. I gave you educated guesses. Can't you cope with both? I clearly stated which were which. It's patently obvious you had your facts wrong.
post #83 of 83
I hope EU law is going to force Apple to offer unlocked iPhones accross the whole of Europe if it wants to in France.

I think iPhone is great as a device but O2's contracts are too expensive for how much calling & texting I do, and their customer service is crap.

I'd rather pay say £20 a month to someone else like VF
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Unlocked iPhone for sale for 749euros in France (1070usd)