or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Video conferencing on OS X.

Video conferencing on OS X.

post #1 of 5
iVisit doesn't work.

iSpQ works, but poorly, IMHO.

If you have a web cam and are using the DCam beta drivers at 15 bucks a pop, the stability of the thing is still pretty bad.

Anyone else feel the same/differently? What is the best vid conferencing solution on OS X?
post #2 of 5
there is none.

I emailed the guys that make the Critter Cam for OS X support and besides telling me that they are going to have beta drivers shortly, he mentioned that there were "some beta apps out" without specifying. He also confirmed that there was still no webcam that could be used with OSX.

I dont, I really really dont, understand why Apple has not included this EXTREMELY basic functionality in somekind of 'video conferening / webcam api' at a system level. Or maybe at least through QuickTime.

This is pathetic. PS, never buy a Kensington webcam... they absolutely suck. After a nightmare of tech support for some basic functionality, I sold the damn thing off. Horrible
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
post #3 of 5
I wish Kensington would carbonize their web cam software. They wont respond to my emails. Bunch a rugger muffins.
The crucial memorandum will be snared in the out-basket by
the paper clip of the overlying memo and go to file.
The crucial memorandum will be snared in the out-basket by
the paper clip of the overlying memo and go to file.
post #4 of 5
Sine: A reason why I also sold my Kensignton cam is just that. They told me that they will NOT support OS X with their webcams and are about to discontinue the whole line.

Sell it while you can
post #5 of 5
I would definitely recommend the iBot from orange micro, despite the current lack of proper OS X support.

If you get a webcam, do make it Firewire.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Video conferencing on OS X.