or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Emptying The Trash

Emptying The Trash

post #1 of 9
How come in OS X there isn't a warning before you empty the trash. Because of no warning and seeing how many items were in the trash the other night I accidently trashed half of my MP3s. Isn't it good to have at least some kind of warning?
post #2 of 9
There is an alert if you select it from the menu bar or type Command-Shift-Delete, but not if you do it from the Dock.
post #3 of 9
Alright then. Thanks for the info. I empty it from the Dock all the time. How come there's no warning when you empty it from the Dock?
post #4 of 9
Now that I think about it, even if I didn't use the Dock to empty it, the warning doesn't say how many items are in the Trash like OS 9.x does. If I would've seen 400 items rather than the 13 that were supposed to be in there nothing would've gotten deleted that shouldn't have.
post #5 of 9
No idea, but I just sent feedback to Apple telling them to put it in the Dock empty trash and also to tell how many items/MB you are deleting.
post #6 of 9
Alright sounds good MacAgent. Thanks.
post #7 of 9
you guys ever get a message that says something like "cannot empty trash because trash.app is in use"?
post #8 of 9
No, but I get a message saying that I don't have enough privileges for ,Trash. I know you can empty the trash from the CLI, but I get this message when I [b}Drag[/b] files to the trash. Has anyone else had this problem?
15" MacBook C2D 2.33Ghz, ATI 1600 258MB, 120GB HD 5400, 2GB RAM, SuperDrive

17" iMac G5
15" MacBook C2D 2.33Ghz, ATI 1600 258MB, 120GB HD 5400, 2GB RAM, SuperDrive

17" iMac G5
post #9 of 9
[quote]Originally posted by solo:
<strong>you guys ever get a message that says something like "cannot empty trash because trash.app is in use"?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I get that message sometimes. Usually I try to empty it again and it empties fine.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Emptying The Trash