or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Customizing the Leopard Dock

Customizing the Leopard Dock - Page 2

post #41 of 65
Wooooaaaahhhh, very nice. Can you upload that wallpaper? One of the nicest ones I've seen.
post #42 of 65
ah, mango, i want to dl your collection, but mediafire's download1 isn't working for me..

also, i can't seem to edit it either. it says insufficient privilege. even though i set everyone to read and write.
post #43 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Yeah I didn't like the s-curve either. It's looking good. One other thing I changed before was the small white strip at the front of the Dock. It's hardly noticeable until you change it. Also, typing killall Dock needs the capital D.

What file do you edit to change the small white strip in the front of the dock?
post #44 of 65
Daffy_Duck, would you please upload your Dock files? Your dock looks awesome.
post #45 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMac View Post

What file do you edit to change the small white strip in the front of the dock?

frontline.png
post #46 of 65
Judging from what I read here, it must be a matter of time before someone comes up with a utility editing the Dock graphics on the fly using Core Image and manipulating the Dock preferences as sysadmin.
post #47 of 65
quick customization question:
is there a way to increase translucency for menubars? i saw someone do it with terminal, and i was wondering if there was some command to let you do that.

thanks
post #48 of 65
Here are some dock floors that I made using images of hardwoods.
My favorite is the Cocobolo one (Top Image), but the Purpleheart (Middle Image) is second. The Paduak (Bottom Image) didn't turn out as well as I thought it would. I guess it really depends on your background.

I also included my app indicator. I don't love it, but its bigger and more noticeable.

Inside the zip is a Dock Images folder with the Dock "floors" in separate folders. I haven't customized the Dock Separators at all. Just drag the indicators and the images from whichever wood you like into /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources AFTER backing up and deleting the originals from that location.

http://genebogart.com/OJ/DockImages.zip
post #49 of 65
heres a strange question. can someone who's fluent in photoshop or image editing change the current indicator from simply blue to red? i was hoping there was some way to put a tint over the image, but apparently Seashore doesn't support anything like that.

so thanks if anyone can take the time and effort to do that for me

~Alex
post #50 of 65
i used an application called Acorn to put a black to blue gradient on the dock. works well with the backgrounds with earth behind them and some cool ones like the one i have as my background. I'm going to experiment with some other concepts.

post #51 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai1214 View Post

heres a strange question. can someone who's fluent in photoshop or image editing change the current indicator from simply blue to red? i was hoping there was some way to put a tint over the image, but apparently Seashore doesn't support anything like that.

so thanks if anyone can take the time and effort to do that for me

~Alex

Give this a shot.

http://rapidshare.com/files/67299552/Red_Indicators.zip
post #52 of 65
that is excellent. thanks so much. i really need to get photoshop on this comp. cause i found a nice tutorial on how to make it.. haha

much more noticeable than the light blue ones.

post #53 of 65
That Alfa looks like a Bugatti.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #54 of 65
Hey Everyone,

I created a site just for Leopard Dock designs - http://www.leoparddocks.com - Please submit all your designs there so I can begin developing this site! (The site is 100% FREE and I will always give credit to the original designer)

Thanks,

James
post #55 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardDocks View Post

Hey Everyone,

I created a site just for Leopard Dock designs - http://www.leoparddocks.com - Please submit all your designs there so I can begin developing this site! (The site is 100% FREE and I will always give credit to the original designer)

Thanks,

James

Yeah I know, saw you over on digg. That's actually a good idea, should come in handy browsing dock styles. Do yourself a favor a stick to that one thing, Leopard docks.
post #56 of 65
Here's a closeup of the black dock with red indicators.

post #57 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy_Duck View Post

Here's a closeup of the black dock with red indicators.

could you link this file?
post #58 of 65
look up like 5 posts...
post #59 of 65

not as creative as some of the others i've seen.
this one was made by me.
post #60 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjustin View Post

not as creative as some of the others i've seen.
this one was made by me.

Can you post the png???
I really like that!
Mac Mini 1.83Ghz Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM, 80GB HD+160GB External HD
Running Mac OS 10.5 Leopard

Upgrade Your Mini Yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyfus2

All wrong. Avon perfumes...

Quote:

post #61 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardDocks View Post

Hey Everyone,

Thanks,

James

Awesome site!
Did you use an app to make the site? or an online thing?

Quote:

Quote:

post #62 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by smee View Post

Can you post the png???
I really like that!

thanks!

http://southernstatedesign.com/leopa...order_Dock.zip
post #63 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai1214 View Post

that is excellent. thanks so much. i really need to get photoshop on this comp. cause i found a nice tutorial on how to make it.. haha

much more noticeable than the light blue ones.

Where did you find the png's for the see-through dock?
[edit]
Nevermind, lol I figured it out. All I have to do is take out scurve png's in the dock contents

Quote:

Quote:

post #64 of 65
I finally loaded Leopard onto my MacBookPro and have had no luck customizing my dock no matter what I do. Have followed all the standard procedures to the tee and even tried the "Pimpmydock" app which makes customizing a no-brainer -- still nothing but the original Leopard dock.

I am using DockMover which pins my dock to the bottom left, but even after I moved it to a standard Apple bottom center position, nothing changed. My dock even began showing random app icons when I dragged totally unrelated folders onto it, which leads me to believe that my dock has managed to become corrupted from the gitgo? I simply have no idea.

Does anyone here have a copy of all the items in the original dock Resources folder so I can do a side-by-side comparison to see if anything weird copied over into the Leopard one from my old Tiger system (I used SynchronizationPro to create a bootable backup of my original Tiger drive so some hidden files may have transfered into the new system and are tweaking with Leopard in a way it doesn't like!)

Any other things I can do to troubleshoot this? I want to have fun customizing the dock along with everyone else!
post #65 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe View Post

i used an application called Acorn to put a black to blue gradient on the dock. works well with the backgrounds with earth behind them and some cool ones like the one i have as my background. I'm going to experiment with some other concepts.

*drools* I want that desktop wallpaper... I've been looking all over deviantART and the likes for a wallpaper just like that for YEARS!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Customizing the Leopard Dock