or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Shall I call?

Shall I call?

post #1 of 39
I met an amazing person a week ago. I hadn't seriously dated for several years because I was waiting for a very special person, and he showed up.

We spent almost three hours talking about the sport we both liked, history, or anything. The connection was one out of a million! Then his friends showed up and asked him to leave with them. I felt a little awkward so I took off without leaving my #. Soon enough I regretted what I did.

Later, I found his contact info. I sent him an email. It's been several days and I've not heard from him. He may not check his email at all. Shall I call? I prefer talking in person instead of leaving a message, because what if I don't hear back? When is a good time to reach someone?

BTW, he's from another state and came just for the weekend of championship competition. Any advice on what I should do to contact him?
post #2 of 39
No, there is no advice.

There is nothing whatsoever you can do to stop him running a mile in the opposite direction. Two miles.

Ten.

With a jet-pack.

If no-one else answers it is because they have been scared off too.

Thanks for emptying the forums.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #3 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

No, there is no advice.

There is nothing whatsoever you can do to stop him running a mile in the opposite direction. Two miles.

Ten.

With a jet-pack.

If no-one else answers it is because they have been scared off too.

Thanks for emptying the forums.

Cold, seg. COLD!
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #4 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Cold, seg. COLD!

"segovius" has asked me to remove my thread. Since I'm new to this forum, I don't know how to. There's no "delete" or "remove" option as far as I can tell. Could you kindly tell me how?

As a comment, I don't understand why I've got such reponse while some others on this forum seemed to have got supportive advice. I'm feeling sad.
post #5 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAtFirstSight View Post

"segovius" has asked me to remove my thread. Since I'm new to this forum, I don't know how to. There's no "delete" or "remove" option as far as I can tell. Could you kindly tell me how?

As a comment, I don't understand why I've got such reponse while some others on this forum seemed to have got supportive advice. I'm feeling sad.

It's ok. Relax.

I didn't ask you to remove the thread - in fact, if it had been posted in PO then it would have been one of the most intelligent and relevant (it's a joke)

Look at it as a sort of rite of passage - kind of frathouse hazing without the winger members waterboarding you.

If you're for real you'll make it through ok, if not then well......whatever way it goes, fight your corner...it's a jungle out there....

That's my advice. Oh and don't call - you should never go to them, let them come to you.
post #6 of 39
Why wouldn't you call? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

You wouldn't sound too out of the ordinary by calling and saying you weren't sure if he checked his email and just wanted to say hi.

But after your first call, let that be it. Put the ball in his court, and let him make the next move.
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #7 of 39
You're posting about love advice on a computer forum.

Naturally, you're doomed.
post #8 of 39
Wait just a minute there Mr. Greenthumb.

Did your houseplant advice thread get you in the sack with your ex that night?

If so, I don't think she's as doomed as you say.
post #9 of 39
Hi Guybrush,

Thanks for the advice! I really need it.
post #10 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Wait just a minute there Mr. Greenthumb.

Did your houseplant advice thread get you in the sack with your ex that night?

If so, I don't think she's as doomed as you say.

Now that's bringing it back.
post #11 of 39
Quote:

I met an amazing person a week ago. I hadn't seriously dated for several years because I was waiting for a very special person, and he showed up.

We spent almost three hours talking about the sport we both liked, history, or anything. The connection was one out of a million! Then his friends showed up and asked him to leave with them. I felt a little awkward so I took off without leaving my #. Soon enough I regretted what I did.

Later, I found his contact info. I sent him an email. It's been several days and I've not heard from him. He may not check his email at all. Shall I call? I prefer talking in person instead of leaving a message, because what if I don't hear back? When is a good time to reach someone?

BTW, he's from another state and came just for the weekend of championship competition. Any advice on what I should do to contact him?

Well if you're a girl and at least "plain" looking then you should call him.

If you're a guy it gets a little bit trickier. If you're a guy you should definitely make sure he's interested in guys before you say anything at all or make any sort of hints.
post #12 of 39
Is this for real? Either way, it's pathetic.
Cat: the other white meat
post #13 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Well if you're a girl and at least "plain" looking then you should call him.

If you're a guy it gets a little bit trickier. If you're a guy you should definitely make sure he's interested in guys before you say anything at all or make any sort of hints.

I'm a girl. As for the looks, it's "beauty is in the eyes of beholder".
post #14 of 39
Quote:

I know what I want, and I go get it.

Apparently not.
post #15 of 39
Man we're jerks, aren't we?^^
post #16 of 39
Anyone can advise me on how to delete both my account and this thread? Thanks

Sorry I posted at the wrong place.
post #17 of 39
Quote:

Why don't you agree?

If that were the case, love, you would have pursued this male acquaintance instead of looking for advice from a bunch of geeks.
post #18 of 39
Quote:

Why don't you agree?

Because you're not calling. Seriously, call. Send him slutty pictures too. That's always a plus.
post #19 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Because you're not calling. Seriously, call. Send him slutty pictures too. That's always a plus.

Well 4 inch heels and a miniskirt helps too.
post #20 of 39

post #21 of 39
Quote:

It requires you PMing us slutty pictures in the manner tonton described above.

No really. I don't know how to delete one's account. You can't delete the thread either...only a mod can.
post #22 of 39
Quote:

Anyone can advise me on how to delete both my account and this thread? .

Yes.

Express extreme-right wing views, insult people with gratuitous ad homs when they reasonably and convincingly rebut your argument and demolish your position and then complain to the mods incessantly.......

That should do something - at the very least you'll fit in so much you'll forget about leaving.
post #23 of 39
Quote:

Now we are the ones getting rejected... 8)
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #24 of 39
LOL this thread is hilarious... and I do feel sorry for her.

I tried to help... at first...

This is the meanest thread EVAR.
post #25 of 39
A girl has carelessly walked into the room. Someone lock the door.
post #26 of 39
Has the whiff of a spammer. I don't believe this post.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

post #27 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Has the whiff of a spammer. I don't believe this post.

Definitely, that's why I didn't and don't feel bad about sticking the boot in.

It's obviously the old gambit of multiple accounts, pseudo-contributions till post-count looks semi-legit and then the back-burner till it's time to go hey-ho for bad spelling and crap merchandise that wouldn't be bought by anyone with an IQ slightly higher than a syphilitic warthog.

A lot of these anti-diluvian thread bumps look pretty dodgy too...
post #28 of 39
Maybe it's macgeek200x...
post #29 of 39
Quote:

Maybe it's macgeek200x...

If I were a betting man my money would be shifting towards a certain poster known to frequent unspeakable Swindon nightclubs while reading his Horoscope and who is infamous for sending rather unorthodox Get Well Soon messages.
post #30 of 39
Quote:

I'm a girl. As for the looks, it's "beauty is in the eyes of beholder".

No one is going to touch this comment?
Flick.
post #31 of 39
Few women have openly frequented these boards. I do remember a particular mulatta bianca.
post #32 of 39
Quote:

If I were a betting man my money would be shifting towards a certain poster known to frequent unspeakable Swindon nightclubs while reading his Horoscope and who is infamous for sending rather unorthodox Get Well Soon messages.

Don't forget while attending classes at Berkeley...
post #33 of 39
Sego:

Quote:

Quote:

post #34 of 39
Quote:

Definitely, that's why I didn't and don't feel bad about sticking the boot in.

It's obviously the old gambit of multiple accounts, pseudo-contributions till post-count looks semi-legit and then the back-burner till it's time to go hey-ho for bad spelling and crap merchandise that wouldn't be bought by anyone with an IQ slightly higher than a syphilitic warthog.

A lot of these anti-diluvian thread bumps look pretty dodgy too...

This is the most vivid post I've read in a long time. Speaking of bad-spelling, though, it's ante-diluvian.
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

You're posting about love advice on a computer forum.

Naturally, you're doomed.

Seconded.

People are gonna get more entertainment out of this than you will get good advice.

I still like those threads though, they are fun

-t
post #36 of 39
Quote:

really, you must try to control this anger towards me, it cant be doing you any good.

- you know all my old alaises, and they have been dormant for quite a while, ie 'Anna Mated' and 'powermac g6'. Like you once told me, 'marcUK' is my trademark, and there is no good reason to change it.

- ive apologised to you publically and privately for the period you mention, I can accept that you dont accept that, and our paths may have diverged so that we have little to talk about these days, but as far as I am concerned, there is nothing but goodwill towards you.

But anyway, as you seem to want to bring it up so often, obviously that had a deeper effect on you than you would care to admit, and you seem to have an uncontrollable element that tends to want to ridicule someone who holds you in the very highest regard. Why is that exactly?

I'd just get over it if I was you, im sure that your wise prophets would have something to say about silly grudges and forgiveness.

Honestly, this thread and every other wacko/spammer thread has nothing, to do with me. NOTHING!!!
post #37 of 39
Quote:

The videos got a bit boring, guess I knew it all already.
post #38 of 39
How many did you get through?
post #39 of 39
Quote:

How many did you get through?

most of the physics ones bar about 6 of them, I just didn't have the time for a while, i do intend to watch them soon-ish, but as its just for fun and out of curiosity, its not a priority - unless they put up some advanced juicy stuff.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Shall I call?