or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › OS X DVD Player update available

OS X DVD Player update available

post #1 of 11
It's magically appeared via Software Update.
Chicanery.
Chicanery.
post #2 of 11
So... any word on what it updates?
post #3 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:
<strong>So... any word on what it updates?</strong><hr></blockquote>
According to the bumph, "improved performance and stability", and support for the Smurf G3s and PCI graphics G4s.
Chicanery.
Chicanery.
post #4 of 11
Did it screw up anyones systems? At the MacAddict forums there are a few people who said their DVD Player isn't working after the update. Can it be a problem like Apple had with iTunes 2?
post #5 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by EmAn:
<strong>Did it screw up anyones systems? At the MacAddict forums there are a few people who said their DVD Player isn't working after the update. Can it be a problem like Apple had with iTunes 2?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No. If it were then those people wouldn't have a DVD Player to be complaining about.
That's the problem with changing the past. You never get to say "I told you so".
That's the problem with changing the past. You never get to say "I told you so".
post #6 of 11
A <a href="http://macintouch.com" target="_blank">MacInTouch</a> reader has written in to say that DVD 3.0.1 works on his Rev. A Beige G3.
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!
post #7 of 11
I had problems with a DVD (roll-overs out of place, merely cosmetic), but a restart fixed it.
post #8 of 11
So it supports the hardware DVD decoders now?
post #9 of 11
Downloaded it, installed it, and tested it. On cursory overview it works fine. In the 5 minutes of video I cannot be sure but I think it looks better too. Less artifacts (and I thought it looked fine before.) No complaints here.

G4 400 Sawtooth.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #10 of 11
OK, after hearing positive reports it's time for me to download.
post #11 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by Belle:
<strong>It's magically appeared via Software Update.</strong><hr></blockquote>

doggone, not here not yet via latest S/W Update.
(I presume it applies to the iBook 600 Combo?). The stand-alone installer was a no-go. Tried it but it showed the OS X 10.1 volume greyed out.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › OS X DVD Player update available