or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › here's a...

here's a...

post #1 of 4
question.

When I comment the system folder in the library it reads that it is a FAke System 10.0.
What is that about?

and is that why I CAN"T upgrade to 10.1.1 ?!?!

It won't recognize my drive as valid for the upgrade though I just installed a paid for 10.1 version, and even installed the security upgrade. Any ideas why?
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #2 of 4
There's a fake Finder too.

They are there to trick OS9 into recognizing OSX as a valid System folder (OS9-era system folders must contain System and Finder).

That should not keep you from upgrading to 10.1.x.
post #3 of 4
[quote]It won't recognize my drive as valid for the upgrade though I just installed a paid for 10.1 version, and even installed the security upgrade<hr></blockquote>
10.1.1 requires the 10-19 security update and the Installer Update 1.0. Did you get the Installer Update?
post #4 of 4
ahh so the installer update is different than the security update . . I will go get it... thanks
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › here's a...