or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Good OSX Ad

Good OSX Ad

post #1 of 24
On the inside cover of Newsweek, Apple has a 2 page ad for OSX and its a good one. Screen shot in the middle, a jab at Microsoft being a monopoly on top, and the screen shot is surrounded by quotes from reporters touting it as a great OS and the fact that its better than Windows XP. Nice to see Apple getting more aggressive in its ads. Now, how about a TV commercial?....................................... .....
post #2 of 24
I saw that too. I pointed it out to my Dad, as it was the first good ad from Apple in awhile.
*Registered March 1, 1999*
Member #14
*Registered March 1, 1999*
Member #14
post #3 of 24
can someone scan the ad and show it to those of us who don't have a copy?

Mac Guru
"The young people of America need be taught that the only pride they may properly hold is in the content of their character, and the achievements they make. There is no legitimate pride or moral...
"The young people of America need be taught that the only pride they may properly hold is in the content of their character, and the achievements they make. There is no legitimate pride or moral...
post #4 of 24
Yeah I don't read Newsweek. Gimme a scan!
post #5 of 24
An OSX ad?? :eek:

Please post scans!! Pleeeeeaaaaase!
post #6 of 24
[quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:
<strong>An OSX ad?? :eek:

Please post scans!! Pleeeeeaaaaase! </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, it's so rare to see an OS X add. I wanna see it.
post #7 of 24
I've not seen that yet. As a matter of fact, I've not seen ANY OS X ads...
post #8 of 24
[quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:
<strong>An OSX ad?? :eek:

Please post scans!! Pleeeeeaaaaase! </strong><hr></blockquote>

I want to see it too!!!!

Let make a petition
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
post #9 of 24
Why can I not believe it?

Please scan it now!
post #10 of 24
yes I saw that to. I got a kick out of it!! It says in big letters "The only thing we have a monopoly on is complements" And there is a studio disply with a screenshot of OS X in it and great quotes seronding it. I thoght it was great! A direct shot at M$ with out a dout. We need more of these! How about a billboard of it!

<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/mikesicons/Menu3.html" target="_blank"></a>

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Michaelm8000 ]</p>
post #11 of 24
[quote]Originally posted by Leonis:
<strong>
Let make a petition </strong><hr></blockquote>

Good idea!
post #12 of 24
[quote]Originally posted by EmAn:
<strong>

Good idea! </strong><hr></blockquote>

I was going to post a scan until steve beat me to posting about it

I'll post it tomorrow if no one else does. toolate now to be messing around with it.
post #13 of 24
I believe the ad was also in last week's Time magazine (dated ~12/10/01).
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
post #14 of 24
Hmm I don't get Time. Someone please scan.
Got no time fo' the jibba jabba.
Got no time fo' the jibba jabba.
post #15 of 24
Is it possible to hate someone else more than you love yourself?
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #16 of 24
Sorry I still don't have a scanner for my old 8100. I keep saying I will buy one after Apple makes a computer I want at a price I can afford. Still hasn't happened ..................................
post #17 of 24
okay applenut... it's been over 24 hours... where aaaaaaarrrre yooooouuu?

:o
post #18 of 24
I still think if they ever do a TV ad it should have James Earl Jones' voiceover and end with "Introducing Mac OS X. The most advanced operating system in the world."
"We're not gonna stop."
- Steve Jobs
"We're not gonna stop."
- Steve Jobs
post #19 of 24
Come on, give us the picture!
post #20 of 24
There it is.

<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/kayserwong/PhotoAlbum3.html" target="_blank">http://homepage.mac.com/kayserwong/PhotoAlbum3.html</a>

Please do not mind the rough scan :-)

I think it's a good one. Especially the headline, seems Apple started their competitiveness again, probably it's the agreement between MS and Apple close to the end.

But I think it'll be even better if they do not show the display, just the OS X desktop will be wonderful, and more focus. This is a little more like an ad for the monitor than the OS.

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: eboy ]</p>
post #21 of 24
Thanks for posting the ad.
post #22 of 24
Ah, thanks for the scan!

Though, I agree with eboy. Apple should have gone OSX-only with the picture or used something like the G4 PowerBook's screen so that less attention was drawn to the monitor/computer and more to the operating system.

Nice try, Apple. I'm hoping to see some more...
post #23 of 24
They should use something else than the "official MacOS X screendump". It have always looked too crowded for my taste. I also use a 1024*768 but my screen never look like that.

Perhaps they should have used the 17 inch. The 15 inch look a bit small on pictures and a Ti or the cinema display look too expensive
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #24 of 24
[quote]Originally posted by Anders:
<strong>They should use something else than the "official MacOS X screendump". It have always looked too crowded for my taste. I also use a 1024*768 but my screen never look like that.

Perhaps they should have used the 17 inch. The 15 inch look a bit small on pictures and a Ti or the cinema display look too expensive</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I've always thought so too. I never understood why Apple did that.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Good OSX Ad